Fort Walton Beach Medical Center is a 257-bed hospital located in Fort Walton Beach in the panhandle of Northwest Florida. With a medical staff of over 200 physicians, it is the only acute care hospital in the Tri-County area that offers open heart surgery, an Advanced Primary Stroke Center accredited by the Joint Commission, Chest Pain Center and a Cancer Care Center that is affiliated with UAB and accredited by the Commission on Cancer.
Fort Walton Beach Medical Center also has a psychiatric treatment center, and advanced care for critically ill patients, including cardiovascular and neonatal intensive care units. In addition to these disease specific services, the medical center has emergency services, including a main ER, Pediatric ER and Express Care.
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities Management and the Engineering Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled maintenance, plumbing, carpentry and heating/air conditioning tasks, installing and repairing equipment and maintaining building and grounds as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• High school or GED required
• Vocational or technical training preferred
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• 1-5 years as Maintenance Mechanic Preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of relevant building codes; knowledge of the materials, tools and techniques of carpentry, plumbing maintenance or HVAC trade
• Ability to work from sketches, blue prints and written instructions; ability to exercise initiative and judgement in estimating the methods, materials and time needed to complete assigned projects; ability to troubleshoot equipment or plumbing malfunctions so as to identify the problem and take appropriate action to correct the situation: ability to work rapidly and efficiently under emergency situations; ability to follow oral and written instructions; ability to perform work in rather inaccessible areas
• Skill in the use of a variety of hand and power tools used in the installation, repair and maintenance of equipment, buildings and grounds
• Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal direct supervision, within probationary periods
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom