Maintenance Mechanic Level III is for the Maintenance Mechanic II or outside candidate who have completed an Industrial Maintenance Technology Certificate in an approved program. Maintenance mechanics to perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining electrical, electronic, PLCs, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic components of production machines & equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling systems, automated lubrication systems, grinders, hydraulic hot forming presses and support equipmentJob Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures uptime and reliability of manufacturing equipment, process equipment, ancillary equipment, and facilities.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems. Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area. Removes and replaces worn or defective parts. Performs repairs on motorized equipment. Clean up and remove all items as necessary.
- Support the plants 5S system. Including promoting a culture of safety.
- Ensures operation of machinery process equipment and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, electronic controls, electrical controls, PLCs, Fanuc robotic controls, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines, process valves, pumps, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems precision grind machines, acid etching and pickle process; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all production equipment, motorized equipment, facilities and grounds including parking lot repairs, roof repairs, etc.
- Provide minimum tools as listed on the tool list
- Ability to work overtime scheduled and unscheduled as needed
- Operate the waste water treatment plant in the absence of the Waste Water Treatment Operator.
- Ability to look up parts, work orders and PMs in the computer maintenance management software program (Bigfoot CMMS)
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt. (Bigfoot CMMS)
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs primarily in the CMMS system.
- Operates machines and equipment to verify repairs and proper operation.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Must have a general knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical maintenance
Must be self-motivated and able to work under time constraints to meet production needs.
Must be familiar with and follow lock out tag and all safety procedures
Must take a test and an oral general aptitude test for evaluation
Will need to read and interpret safety, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals
Must have knowledge of math, math equations and various measuring instruments.
Must work a full-time schedule and overtime as required.
Must have basic computer skills
Must have problem solving skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work with others
Must have knowledge and experience with Equipment Maintenance, Microsoft Office, General HVAC, Process Heating controls, Hydraulic systems, plumbing, pneumatic valves and pumps, diagnose/repair electronics, General repair fabrication including welding, grinding, etc., Process pumps, valves, controls., Trouble shoot control systems and PLCs, Bigfoot CMMS, sweat pipe, Electric distribution, lighting and panel wiring, and Fanuc robot and controls experience.
Must have Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, be able to deal with Uncertainty, work with a sense of urgency, communication skills
Must have completed an approved Industrial Maintenance Program at a college or trade school.
Must obtain and maintain a fork lifts license and authorization to operate man lifts and cranes.
Must provide tools listed in the required maintenance tool list.
Must be able to climb a ladder and work from heights up to 25'.
Must be able to stand, crouch, kneel, and work overhead for periods of time exceeding 4 hours.
Attend and pass first responder training.
Must be able to enter confined spaces.
Must be able to walk on roof inclines and uneven surfaces.
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.