: [[Primary]] Hiring Manager:
[[Roger Watson]] HR Rep:
[[Kendy Brown]] Location:
[[Fort Smith, Arkansas]] PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Maintain, install, remove, construct and repair facility and equipment. Ensure safe, effective, efficient, continuous plant operation through proactive maintenance and reliability processes. Minimize scheduled and unscheduled downtimes. Support a predictive, failure elimination, data based organization to maximize line performance. This position requires skills in electrical and mechanical disciplines.Reports To
: Maintenance LeaderSpan of Control
: No direct reportsJOB RESPONSIBILITIES
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Drive a zero Environmental Health & Safety incident culture, support and participate in incident investigations to determine root cause and identify preventive actions, and correct unsafe conditions and acts immediately
- Execute preventive and predictive maintenance activities including inspecting, testing and operating
- Meet committed downtimes and turn equipment over that functions properly
- Respond to problems in a timely manner utilizing a Maintenance Help Chain
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve mechanical and electrical issues throughout plant
- Work rotating shifts and participate in out of schedule working hours
- Keep leader informed of all non-conformities
- Perform rebuilds, welding, burning, brazing, fabrication, sheet metal, pipe fitting, lubrication, painting, electrical testing, measuring, conduit installation, soldering, calibration, etc.
- Maintain and adjust PLCs and other automation equipment as needed
- Accomplish other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as asked
- Obtain skills training to keep updated and ensure specialty knowledge is at least two deep
- Develop and provide skills training to other employees
- Move parts and equipment with proper rigging and handling techniques
- Operate shop tools and equipment necessary for the job
- Maintain maintenance records, logs and reports as required
- Complete WO's, improve work procedures, update time estimates, adjust PM/PdM frequencies, etc.
- Enter unplanned WO's into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Request, retrieve and maintain Storeroom spare parts, assist with min/max determinations, immediately return to stock Storeroom issues that are not used
- Utilize Reliability Engineers to solve problems to root cause and implement actions that prevent reoccurrence
- Support capital, equipment and process changes
- Participate on continuous improvement work groups and support trials
- Assist in resolving supplier and customer complaints by providing relevant information
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Formal industrial maintenance training
- Three years industrial maintenance experience
- Mechanic and Electrician Evaluation Tests - Minimum Score
- Basic computer skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Mechanical and electrical industrial maintenance experience preferred
- Maintenance knowledge with handling, installing, testing and operating all types of mechanical and electrical equipment including hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical drives, motors, MCCs, electrical, HVAC, PLC, etc.
- Precision maintenance techniques knowledge and applications
- Predictive maintenance technologies knowledge and applications
- Maintenance planning and scheduling knowledge to execute planned work and record unplanned work
- Maintenance spare part knowledge to locate and retrieve parts from Stores
- Maintenance metrics knowledge to monitor, optimize and drive continuous improvement
- Effective communication skills to work with all levels of the plant organization, contractors and vendors
- Basic computer skills to log on, enter, store and retrieve data in OC, Microsoft Office and SAP applications
- Mathematical ability to perform calculations utilizing arithmetic, algebra and geometry
- Ability to read and work from technical manuals, engineering drawings, sketches, charts, etc.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving abilities with large industrial equipment
- Quick decision making ability to overcome upset situations
- Work independently and cooperatively with all the Multicraft, and provide turnover information
- Lift, carry and handle up to 50 lbs.
Ability to operate cranes, forklifts and various manliftsAbout Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.