Under general supervision of the General Maintenance Supervisor, the Maintenance Scheduler plans, schedules, and coordinates a broad spectrum of preventive, routine, repair and emergency maintenance activities at the Recycling Center using the computerized maintenance management system as a primary tool.
1. Plans and schedules maintenance work based on demand, workload, skill sets, and available parts; inspects work locations; uses the computer, Maximo, and other resources to develop plans.
2. Coordinates activities between operations and maintenance and with other staff, contractors, vendors, and other agencies as required.
3. Stays abreast of the activities of engineering projects and uses this information in planning and scheduling work.
4. Coordinates equipment removal, installation and power outages with staff during work on modification to existing facilities.
5. Assists in developing technical specifications for outside services.
6. Works with Engineering to develop and recommend changes to mechanical, electrical and instrument preventative and corrective maintenance and lubrication programs.
7. Advises supervisors and Operations Manager of critical and continuing maintenance problems.
8. Assists in the development of a warehouse plan for maintenance parts, supplies, materials and recommend inventory levels.
9. Assists in identifying and recommending training needs, equipment, specifications, and standards to help maintain consistent maintenance practices.
10. Recommends data gathering activities and report formats; determines reporting and analysis needs, and sets up and prepares special and periodic reports of maintenance activities; produces weekly schedules, charts, backlog reports for maintenance supervisors, and conducts weekly meetings for planning, scheduling, and coordinating.
11. Tracks all equipment for information, including spare parts and documentation.
1. Bachelor's degree preferred in technical or related field
2. 5-7 years of experience in the repair and maintenance of industrial facilities, with injection molding experience highly preferred
3. Knowledge of the methods, practices, tools, equipment, material and safety procedures used in repair and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and instrument equipment used n manufacturing and distribution facilities; preventative maintenance principles and practices, planning methods and tools, including planning and scheduling software
4. Skills in reading and interpreting plans, specifications, drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams, planning and scheduling maintenance work and estimating materials, labor and equipment costs; inspecting work locations and equipment to determine work to be performed; coordinating the activities of a variety of trades to meet the needs of preventative, routine and emergency maintenance.
5. ;Follow up on scheduled activities to monitor, documenting and analyze results; assisting in implementing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program
6. Ability to utilize a computer to enter, manipulate, analyze and extract data and design and prepare reports and making mathematic calculations related to work
7. Ability to work effectively in a team based organization focused on continuous improvement, establishing a positive customer service attitude and effective working relationship with internal and external customers. Plan and schedule maintenance work effectively and efficiently, demonstrate strong two-way verbal and written skills including the ability to listen, explain and facilitate, and ask for input, accept suggestion and work with others to solve problems.
8. Support pro-active maintenance principles, demonstrate leadership skills and be self-motivated; maintain attention to detail and follow through amid interruptions and changing priorities; demonstrate flexibility and create structure to adapt effectively to changing conditions; evaluate, identify problem areas and prepare reports on scheduled activities.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.