Overview: With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
Responsibilities: Position Summary:
Proactively identifies, creates, and implements planned maintenance activities that effectively coordinate availability of manpower, parts and materials to reduce equipment downtime and related costs for machine maintenance. Principal contact and liaison person between Maintenance and Operations planning and scheduling personnel for coordinating planned maintenance activities on production equipment. Supports machine maintenance and reliability initiatives. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Prioritizes the manpower, parts and materials required to execute all planned work orders.
- Meets routinely with Production, Scheduling, and Team Lead maintenance personnel to ensure maximum equipment up-time while utilizing the available equipment, tools, materials, and manpower.
- Creates, updates and maintains BOMs for materials and equipment using the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Creates, updates and maintains detailed job plans/task lists for all planned maintenance in the CMMS. Generates all planned work orders using the CMMS, and distributes planned work orders to maintenance supervisors and lead maintenance personnel.
- Reviews requirements for planned work to identify job scope, tasks/activities and time required; to estimate costs, labor and material; to determine/commit personnel by skills, qualifications and certifications; to incorporate previous job data, drawings, sketches and documentation from applicable maintenance/engineering manuals; and to determine/commit/requisition materials from stores or suppliers, and equipment and tools.
- Works closely with Purchasing and MRO spare parts personnel to ensure availability of critical spare parts and repaired materials.
- Works closely with maintenance mechanics and engineers to continuously evaluate and improve the effectiveness of job plans for machine maintenance activities.
- Reviews with maintenance team leaders the actual versus estimated labor and materials used for completed jobs in order to determine corrective measures for improving the accuracy of estimating and for improving methods of doing work.
- Develops and implements CMMS training for all maintenance personnel and technical staff.
- Provides training and support for maintenance and reliability business processes.
- Prepares monthly metric and KPI reports, as required.
- Ensures maintenance documentation complies with quality and GMP requirements.
- Knowledge of and experience with maintenance work to be performed.
- Good communication skills.
- Sketching or drafting skills.
- Attention to details.
- Logical approach to problem-solving and assignment of priorities.
- Interest in keeping things organized.
- Strong computer system skills, such as with Word and Excel, and including use of the CMMS.
- Good math skills and able to use a calculator.
Qualifications: Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 5-10 years machine maintenance experience.
- 3-5 years maintenance planning experience.
- Must be able to organize work and meet deadlines.
- Initiate/schedule meetings with Production Scheduling managers and effectively communicate and schedule the workload.
- The ability to carry out assignments where experience and judgment are required to understand the purpose of the assignment.
- Maintenance experience in a component manufacturing and/or injection molding environment.
- Trained in Maintenance Reliability Leadership principles.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Other: Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
- The employee is occasionally in proximity to moving parts.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.