At Arconic, our goal is to be the best company in the world. Arconic is the world's leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive, packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrial markets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities of Arconic's businesses as a single solution to customers.
This position is within Arconic's North American Global Rolled Products (GRP). GRP produces the widest variety of aluminum sheet and plate products in the world. Our aluminum is the foundation for many products serving customers in a wide range of industries, including aerospace, building and construction, and automotive systems and distribution.
This position exists to support the objectives of the plant and assigned areas in managing the planning and scheduling of mechanical and electrical, maintenance work in their designated department. This role reports to the Maintenance Leader.
1. Estimate, plan and schedule all work performed by craft personnel in a cost effective manner.
2. Serve as liaison and coordinator between area maintenance, central maintenance (shops), production, supply chain, contractors and engineering personnel.
3. Serve as a technical resource and backfill for other maintenance planners.
4. Provide detailed, step-by-step plans, parts, and materials to the Crafts and unit supervisors, which will allow them to efficiently complete their work.
5. Assist in determining craft work priorities through discussions with maintenance and production supervision.
6. Own, manage, and monitor department safety lists, backlogs, logbook items, TPM tags, preventative and predictive, maintenance work orders, and other metrics to allow prompt scheduling and completion of work.
7. Lead and prepare for equipment shutdowns. During shutdowns, review schedules and assist Maintenance Technical Leader in making revisions/adjustments as necessary to return equipment back to production on time. Following shutdowns, make corrections through the post outage review process for future enhancements.
8. Implement ABS (Lean Manufacturing) tools into Central Maintenance.
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment
• Ability to lead a team
• Strategic and forward thinking approach
• Technical knowledge of Oracle eAM or other computerized maintenance management system software
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Excellent root cause problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong logistics and planning skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
• Background in maintenance systems
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Maintenance capacity
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Previous maintenance planning experience
- Electrical, mechanical or technical background in course training or job experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, and Project)
- Additional training in a vocational or technical school
- 2 years of experience in Maintenance Planning, Maintenance Supervision, Maintenance Technician or Manufacturing Engineering experience
- Application experience with Oracle
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.