At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description: 3M is seeking a Plant Engineering Mechanical Reliability Engineer for the 3M Center Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go. Job Summary:
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Reliability Engineer
will identify and drive equipment reliability improvements supporting the 3M Center Facilities and Services Operations. The technologies may include, but are not limited to: lubrication, vibration analysis, drive components, pumps, piping systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical drives, bearings / shaft seals, and welding, exhaust systems, PLC, process controls, drives, sensors, and measurement devices. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Primary contact to document new utility, facility and process equipment into the CMMS/SAP system ensuring PMs are in place to capture calibration and maintenance activities, lubrication, and stockroom parts setups.
- Review and optimize current preventative maintenance (PM) plans and estimated hours.
- Provides technical assistance to maintenance craftspeople in diagnosing, troubleshooting, determining root causes of failures, and eliminating equipment problems.
- Define proactive maintenance approaches for optimizing effectiveness of maintenance procedures and maximizing equipment reliability and runtime.
- Implement and conduct training for maintenance craftspeople in maintaining new and existing equipment
- Support current programs and roll out new initiatives
- Coordinate business renewal plans by working with Engineering, and Plant Engineering to identify, evaluate, and select equipment and systems most appropriate for specified applications
- Provide on-call support for emergency maintenance activity
- Associates Degree / Technical Diploma or higher in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Bachelor of Science Degree or higher in a mechanical or electrical related field from an accredited institution
- Four (4) years of experience with mechanical equipment support in an industrial environment
- Experience with Maximo CMMS/SAP modules / systems
- Knowledge and / or Experience with:
- Industrial equipment, i.e. pumps, motors, compressors, etc.
- Installing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting industrial equipment
- IPad - Apple products device management
- Motor drive systems
- Proficient Computer Skills
- Training and developing craftspeople
- Strong interpersonal, communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to self-direct
- Detail oriented
: Maplewood, MNTravel:
May include up to 10% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.