Arconic is currently is search of a Maintenance Reliability Lead
to join their team in Lancaster, PA. Lancaster Works specializes in aluminum sheet and cast plate. At our 1.3 million square-foot plant, we offer a variety of products--from painted sheet to blanked products. What we produce here is found in a wide assortment of end products, such as truck cabs, cookware and construction materials. We also produce brazing sheet used by auto manufacturers to make evaporator and condenser components. Another capability, for which we are well known, is the production of machined cast plate used in a number of diverse products, ranging from robotics to medical instruments.
The Maintenance Reliability Lead
is responsible to engage the resources at his/her disposal to meet the focused department objectives set by the executive managers in support of the business objectives. These objectives will be achieved without sacrificing a spirit of cooperation with other areas, so as to not detrimentally impact the vitality of the Lancaster facility.Responsibilities
- Manage and drive EHS improvements for employees and contractors. Lead in a manner that recognizes that accident, injury, and environmental incident prevention are equal in importance to production, quality, delivery, recovery and cost control. Accepts the responsibility to work safely and promote safety consciousness among other employees using the tools of Human Performance (HP). Partner with Procurement function to ensure appropriate contracts and service agreements are in place to support the operations.
- Lead in a manner that drives the identification, implementation and documentation of maintenance and reliability best practices. Connect with other Arconic locations and outside companies to benchmark and share best practices.
- Coach and develop skills of direct and indirect reports. Partner with the Human Resources function to establish, coordinate and monitor department-specific people systems (performance management, reward and recognition, compensation, employee engagement, employee development, succession planning, hiring process, new employee onboarding, etc).
- Drive and support a reliability systems and culture throughout the maintenance organization.
- Evaluate equipment failures and failure history to identifying and recommend potential capital or expense projects to eliminate equipment failures.
- Provide technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluating solutions.
- Regularly participate in the maintenance activities for all of the production departments’ manufacturing equipment, as well as the auxiliary equipment associated with the manufacturing process, consistently looking at opportunities to increase the identification of leading indicators of potential equipment failures.
- Develop and continuously improve a system for root cause problem solving of unplanned downtime and implemented corrective actions.
- Lead activities, develop tools/systems to capture and sustain corrective actions for failures and coach others in this area.
- Identify, procure and install predictive monitoring equipment. Identify, implement and document maintenance and reliability best practices.
- Connects with other Arconic locations and outside companies to benchmark transfer to Lancaster.
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for cost reduction and/or productivity improvements with regards to maintenance activities, particularly seeking to minimize the investment required for spare parts and maintenance supplies.
- Represent the Maintenance Department in identifying proactive systems when upgrading or installing new equipment for the Mill.
- Continuously seek out and drive improvement techniques and opportunities (ex. PM's, major maintenance, and capital projects) intended to reduce machine unplanned downtime.
- Ensure work is executed to achieve performance to plan and schedule compliance targets.
- Ensure work is done in a quality manner to reduce MRO/SER costs.
- Maintain a high standard of work efficiency and quality to support outage startup targets and minimize first shift downtime due to planned work errors.
- Implement Reliability Excellence components as they relate to work duration, execution and spending.
A little about us:
Alcoa is a global leader in lightweight metals technology, engineering and manufacturing, innovating multi-material solutions that advance our world.