**Requisition ID:** 27543BR
**Job Title:** Diesel Mechanic-Maintenance Technician-Experienced-2nd Shift
**Division:** 3438: Duncan Disposal-Midland
**Location:** 48004: Midland-8220 W Highway 80
**Position Type:** Full-Time
**Exempt Status:** Non-Exempt
Republic Services is looking for ambitious, capable and skilled technicians to join our network of over 32,000 employees serving 14 million customers and over 2,700 communities across the United States. With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Technician B performs repair and maintenance work on diesel and non-diesel equipment and trucks including, but not limited to, chassis components, vehicle refuse bodies and control systems, hydraulic electrical, air brake systems, general engine work, HVAC components, suspension, drive train and steering systems. A Technician B may also perform basic tire work, such as replacement, tire rotation, and tread depth checks.
Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced vehicles on the road.
• Tackle a new challenge every day
• Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful machinery
• Receive training on new technologies and equipment
• Work a regular shift in a stable industry
• Be recognized for exceptional performance
• Serve your community and your customers
• Follow strong career paths for professional growth
• Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your environment and your world.
• Maintains a working knowledge of, and moderate skill proficiency in, the following vehicle components and systems, with the ability to perform preventative and repair maintenance functions, both on site and on the road:
o Chassis component repair and maintenance;
o Refuse bodies, including control, hydraulic and electrical systems; and air and hydraulic braking systems;
o Engine repair and maintenance;
o Suspension, drivetrain and steering systems; and
o Heating and air conditioning.
• Performs line maintenance welding and fabrication.
• Safely provides road service when necessary to ensure that the Company’s equipment is returned to operation in a safe and efficient manner.
• Identifies the source of the malfunctions using a variety of electronic tools.
• Completes applicable Company training programs.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position demonstrating knowledge of both gasoline and diesel powered equipment diagnosis and repair or will be graduating from an accredited automotive college or technical school within the next 3 months.
• Basic understanding of work order labor time standards,
• Prior experience with, or knowledge of, maintenance work to be performed on Classes 1-5 light/medium duty and heavy-duty Class 7-8 trucks, aircraft, or ships.
• Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certifications (T1-T8) are a plus but not required.
• Commercial Driver’s License is a plus but not required.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
A little about us:
The dramatic growth and high performance of Republic Services is an American success story we’re proud of.
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Network.