We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety... all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world's largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the Possibilities of PepsiCo.
Maintenance & Engineering SupervisorJob Description
This person contributes to the success of the Pepsi Las Vegas plant by providing maintenance leadership for a plant operation. This person will lead a team of frontline employees within the maintenance department (mechanics/technicians).
Major Tasks, Accountabilities and Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure equipment reliability to maximize production line productivity
- Implement process enhancements to improve package and flavor changeover efficiency
- Utilize visual factory concepts to maximize asset utilization and plant performance
- Build maintenance technician capability
- Track standard manufacturing and warehouse metrics and prioritize plant maintenance opportunities
- Ensure proper utilization of Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Deploy strategies in reliability fundamentals that develop technician competencies
- Develop a team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Deliver effective change leadership while driving business changes and minimizing people impact
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist team to solve operational issues
- Motivate team members to achieve plan goals
- Prioritize work requests
- Bachelor's Degree preferred and/or equivalent experience in consumer packaged goods or a related industry
- A minimum of 5 years of operations maintenance experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Mechanical experience maintaining equipment
- Lean Six Sigma Experience preferred
- Understanding of PLC programing preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to lead a team-based approach to decision making
- Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
- Strong leadership with the ability to get results through mentoring others
- Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation, and team building skills
- Willingness to work off shifts and weekends as needed
Eligible for Standard Relocation