At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Maintenance/Janitorial Tech for the Facilities and Services Division located in Park Rapids, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Maintenance / Janitorial Tech
will support facilities maintenance repairs, janitorial functions and customer service duties. This includes maintaining of offices, grounds, buildings, and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Assigned custodial duties include floor care and routine cleaning of carpets, work areas and equipment, which includes kitchen, meeting rooms, bar areas etc. Provide support for a variety of general manual duties including, transport of equipment and luggage. Loading and unloading of vehicles and set up of meetings, event props and equipment. Makes minor repairs, removes trash and recycling. Maintain outdoor areas for cleanliness, safe access and appearance to buildings. Provide customers with support such as shuttle to areas on campus, fulfilling minor requests and providing information to aid in problem solving.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Transport luggage and cargo for arriving and departing guests
- During events provide customer service function
- Custodial maintenance of offices, grounds, buildings, and equipment. Maintain facility in a clean and orderly condition
- Makes minor repairs, removes trash and litter and cleans indoor and outdoor areas
- Set up of meeting room and meeting break out equipment for guest services
- Provide shuttle for guests upon request or offer shuttle during shift hours
- High School Diploma/GED or higher from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience in a building maintenance and/or cleaning role
- Possess a current and valid driver's license
This position will require:
- Possess a two (2) year technical or Associate's degree
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in a technical, hospitality/resort or other service-related field
- Experience in facilities maintenance and with understanding of janitorial process and equipment
- Skills including; strong communication, mechanical aptitude, and problem solving ability, also clear understanding of the customer service industry
- Weekend work (depending on rotation of schedule)
- Working holidays (depending on rotation of schedule)
- Working a night shift (with varying schedule; four nights on and two nights off)
- Willingness to be on call
- Frequent physical demands, including:
- Frequently lifting up to 25 lbs. (unassisted)
- Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs. (unassisted)
- Working at heights (utilizing ladders)
- Operating machinery, including a company vehicle
This is a part-time position
that will be scheduled 32-40 hours per week, which includes 3M benefitsLocation:
Park Rapids, MNTravel:
Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.