Under general direction, responsible for assisting Facilities Manager in the day-to-day facility maintenance requirements and internal housekeeping activities at the AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group Offices in order to maintain a clean, orderly and safe working environment. Assignments are varied and are received in the form of oral or written work orders. Work is performed independently or as a team. Incumbent is responsible for determining appropriate work methods, tools, and materials for most assignments according to general or specific instructions from the Facilities Manager or Director of Operations, who may inspect work while in progress and upon completion. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Works closely with Facilities Manager to handle maintenance problems, scheduling of work requests and reporting of housekeeping inconsistencies and challenges.
- Assists with or is responsible for the installation, inspection, repair and maintenance of electrical, plumbing, and other related systems throughout the building.
- Assist with inspection, operation and maintenance of computerized heating, cooling and ventilation system.
- Performs routine electrical repairs such as replacing, exhaust fans, lighting fixtures, electrical outlets, appliances, and light switches.
- Does general repairs such as flooring, painting, patching walls, hanging shelves and pictures.
- Performs physical labor such as moving and assembling furniture and equipment, lifting, climbing ladders.
- Supports and complies with all appropriate maintenance policies, procedures, to promote a safe, accident free and healthy work environment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires some technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires one (1) to two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience. HVAC certification recommended but not required. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to read and understand the English language for the purpose of reading and following detailed instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented
- Ability to use good judgment in order to carry out detailed instructions
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously
- Thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of assigned duties
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.