Location: Memphis, TN MEMPHIS ROOFING MAINTENANCE SPECIALISTJob DescriptionJob Title:
MAINTENACE SPECIALIST - 1/C- 2/C- 3/C and 4/CDepartment:
The purpose of this job is to perform all equipment and facilities related electrical, mechanical, sheet metal, welding, instrument, and pipe fitting work. Utilizes process and maintenance knowledge to assist in the planning and performance of all tasks. Participates in teams to develop and implement solutions. Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Energy Control Procedures (ECP's) and Lock Tag Try (LTT) system. Respect for the potential hazards within the manufacturing operation. Training and regular auditing of the process.
- Fluent in the language of the plant.
- Computer literacy - email, simple spreadsheet, word doc.
- Safe rigging procedures.
- Forklift operation, licensed - will provide certification.
- PLC basics -- Ability to use laptop for troubleshooting and see what limit switch or photo eye isn't working and ability to adjust where needed. Internal various timers in the program; the ability to access status files to diagnose and clear PLC faults.
- Troubleshooting basics, how to analyze a problem and step to the root cause. Help reduce cycle time to problem resolution and eliminates the "replace and see what happens method".
- Basic concepts of what it takes to consistently manufacture shingles. Critical product characteristics, key process variables, customer needs etc.
- World Class Manufacturing (WCM) concepts, what are they, individual and business benefits. Key business metrics and focus
- Must have minimum two years of plant experience or have demonstrated capability and knowledge to trouble shoot major plant systems. (Filled coating sys, Slate sys, Poly wrap. Etc.)
- Installs, modifies or maintains plant equipment and assists in determining appropriate methods to accomplish these tasks.
- Must work safely and follow all documented and "common sense" safety policies and procedures.
- Read, understand, and analyze blueprints and other technical data references.
- Expert use of hand and power tools.
- Inspects plant equipment to identify potential problems prior to breakdown occurrences.
- Complies with good housekeeping practices on the job and insures work areas are clean and picked up after each job completion.
- Follows all environmental compliance polices & programs.
- Work as instructed with outside contractors.
- Machining bores, keyways, drill press, grinding; lathe and mill operation.
- Ability to properly, precision align belt, gear or direct coupled shafts using proper tools to specified tolerances.
- Understanding of lubrication principles and bearing tolerances and basic bearing "physics"-I.E. how does it work in terms of need for extreme care, keeping clean, etc.
- Hydraulic systems understanding - hydraulic flow principles. Effects of pipe sizes and valves on pressure drops, making proper fittings per system requirements, proper valve application, etc. Applied to water systems, hot oil, and hydraulic systems.
- Same as above for compressed air and steam, (where applicable) systems.
- Understanding of pump basics and operating characteristics including effects of suction pressures, head pressures, sealing/packing techniques.
- Ability to track conveyor belts properly and understanding the physics of belt operation and tracking including bucket elevators; belt splicing.
- Ability to read air and power fluid schematics.
- Basic welding for all; structural and piping welding.
- Pipefitting - alignment, flange, threading.
- Basic electrical component "how they work" understanding: solenoids, motors, heaters, contacts, and photoeyes.
- Ultrasonic rotating equipment troubleshooting.
- Basic industrial electrical code.
- Capability to read schematics and P&ID drawings.
- Fusing, thermal overload protection, wire sizing, motor theory, etc.
- AC, DC and Servo drive system (basics).
- Be able to safely conduct motor control and power circuit troubleshooting. Understand fuse sizing, take motor amp readings, understand basic DC motor control, etc.
- Ability to fully troubleshoot drives-DC and AC variable frequency, and communicate technically with outside technical support when needed.
- Ability to fully understand the various control loops in the plant including IM/APC systems and weight control equipment.
- Fully competent in electrical noise avoidance-grounding, shielding, etc.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Burner system understanding, troubleshooting and properly tuning comply with all plant rules
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- All other duties as assigned or needed
- Regular Attendance on site and ability to rotate to varying shifts
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic PLC
- Basic Blueprint & Schematic reading
- Proficient in SAP PM Module
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Basic Welding
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Good attention to detail
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
The employee should have the following:
- High School or equivalent
- Pass the Maintenance Test with at least 2nd Class score.
- Preferably five (5) years in a related maintenance trade or occupation that involved electrical, hydraulic machinery and equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to demonstrate trouble-shooting techniques and have a basic understanding of blueprints.
- Basic ability and knowledge of welding practices and hydraulic circuitry.
- Advanced understanding of electrical circuitry.
- Basic PLC knowledge.
- Must have the ability to interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Flair for working with large industrial machines.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to work independently or in a team atmosphere with minimal direct supervision with drive toward accomplishment, and to produce high quality work
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Able to do repetitive hand, arm, leg movements for several hours
- Able to climb on and off of fork truck
- Ability to stand for 10 - 12 hours straight
- Able to climb and descend stairs for up to 12 hours continuously
- Lift and push and pull 50lbs. More than 100 times per day
- Must be able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
- Exposure to temperature extremes
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Bending and twisting
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or control
- Repetitive movements
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship
.About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2014 sales of $5.3 billion and employs about 15,000 people in 26 countries. It has been listed as a Fortune 500® company for more than 61 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology