DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a
Maintenance Specialist - 2nd Shift, located in Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson &
Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device
industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons
to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries,
degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our
environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is
DePuy Synthes Companies of
Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive
orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes
Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services
and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports
medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building
on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one
organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health
care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop
innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in
greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Maintenance Specialist will:
- Perform maintenance as required on all mechanical and
electrical components of all manufacturing and processing equipment.
- Perform maintenance on all auxiliary equipment,
buildings, grounds, and vehicles as required.
- Repair and maintain all mechanical, electrical,
plumbing, carpentry and physical building.
- Perform work as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Set-up and operate machines to repair or fabricate new
- Operate cutting and welding equipment.
- Unload, move, install equipment, and operate forklifts
and company vehicles.
- Record maintenance work performed on equipment.
- Read, interpret and perform work based on blueprints
and/or CAD drawings.
- Move material as requested and be responsible for the
quality of work.
- Be responsible for the cleaning and basic maintenance
of equipment, general housekeeping and 6S activities within their work
- Perform the job in a safe and environmentally compliant
manner by complying with all safety, regulatory and environmental rules,
policies and procedures.
- A minimum of a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must have broad knowledge of mechanical equipment,
electricity, plumbing, carpentry, construction and grounds keeping as
acquired through a 4-year accredited apprenticeship OR a minimum of 8
years of diversified experience in industrial maintenance.
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of
manufacturing equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) is
- The ability to utilize and apply to job
responsibilities complex drawings, specifications, charts, tables, handbook
formulas, shop mathematics and a wide variety of precision measuring
instruments is required.
- The ability to read, understand and apply relevant
codes, including electrical codes and safety practices is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a forklift operator
- Must be able to read, comprehend and apply
processes, criteria and required procedures.
- The ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds is
- Must be able to work 2nd Shift (3:00 pm - 11:00 pm).
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)Job Function
Production MaintenanceRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.