This Los Angeles (City of Industry) based position contributes to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by directing the production team to meet customer needs and achieve standards related to cost, line efficiencies, waste, safety and productivity. Duties include PM Pillar ownership, assisting in setting departmental strategy, and owning results for Maintenance. In addition, this individual is responsible for leading general maintenance on 1st shift. Key Responsibilities Include:
- Leads maintenance technicians to achieve performance standards with regards to PM completion, troubleshooting, root cause analysis (breakdown analysis).
- Oversees and assures facility equipment reliability to minimize downtime.
- Aligns team agenda with Annual Operating Plan objectives. Maintains spending to budget.
- Develops others by training frontline employees - setting expectations, providing feedback and recognizing and rewarding good performance.
- Ensures compliance with all Health & Safety regulations.
- Effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Identify gaps in performance, investigate root cause effectively and efficiently and implement counter measures to eliminate recurrence.
- Administer company policies, procedures, and the collective bargaining agreement within the department
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably a B.S. in Science, Engineering, or Maintenance Technologies, or comparable work experience (at least 5+ years) in a high speed Manufacturing environment required, preferably maintenance experience in a food and beverage environment.
- 4+ years work experience in a maintenance supervisory position with frontline employees required.
- Experience in food and beverage industry preferred.
- Strong employee relations, interpersonal, team building, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, SAP/CMMS is a plus.
- Proficiency in TPM or LSS is a plus
- Demonstrate ability to function successfully in a fast paced, changing work environment.
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to flex schedule to accommodate production needs (some weekends will be required)
Not Eligible for Relocation