Under general supervision of the Warehouse Manager oversees the maintenance activities of the warehouse ensuring equipment is operating efficiently with very little down time and reducing the need for costly repairs; oversees the internal and external housekeeping duties in order to create a clean and orderly working environment in the Distribution Center .
- Directs the workflow motivates trains and monitors the performance of warehouse associates involved in the maintenance functions.
- Assists in the process of selection training and performance management for the Distribution Center associates in the maintenance department.
- Monitors work processes and makes suggestions for modifications in order to increase and improve productivity efficiency and accuracy for the purpose of improving costs; implements changes as directed or needed.
- Responsible for efficient operation of equipment in the Distribution Center; ensures that problems with equipment such as air and heating systems conveyer systems and forklift equipment are addressed.
- Oversees the department staff in janitorial responsibilities.
- Supports compliance with all appropriate policies procedures safety rules and DEA regulations.
- Ensures the maintenance of records documenting maintenance tasks spare parts inventory and tools are recorded.
- Ensures that building safety and security inspections are performed.
- Oversees the quality of the work handled by the maintenance associates are acceptable.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed in order to meet productivity goals.
- Must be willing to participate in physical inventory as scheduled.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of two (2) years directly related and progressively responsible experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good decision making skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of ABC warehouse operations
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Knowledge of computers to operative effectively with Outlook PowerPoint Word and Excel.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.