We are actively seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to join our factory located in Jefferson City, Missouri. The Incumbent will be primarily focused on leading the planning, process development, and implementation of Planned Maintenance Elements in a Continuous Improvement manufacturing environment. The Incumbent will be working with teams consisting of various technical and non-technical Unilever personnel and key support contractors.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Primary Goals are to continuously improve equipment reliability and to reduce maintenance costs
- Identify continuous improvement and cost savings opportunities.
- Supervise Packaging Reliability Technicians and Maintenance Planners to ensure adequate coverage for production needs
- Shift structure development, asset allocation, vacation planning, retirement succession planning, job fair recruiting, interviewing and training are integral parts of this responsibility
- Works closely with all production management maximizing use of line downtime and coordination of scheduling maintenance personnel for all PM/AM activities
- Coordinates mechanical resources to work closely with Autonomous Maintenance, Quality, Early Equipment Management and Focus Improvement and Safety Activities
- Serves as Effective Maintenance Pillar Champion and supports all other WCM Pillars as needed
- Works closely with Project Engineers on EIM activities for innovation projects, line modifications and line additions
- Responsible for coordination of resources for product/process trials/commissioning and for follow-up of coordinating corrective actions for identified punch list items created from loss trees
- Serving as Project Engineer for blanket projects defined throughout the year in support of maintaining a reliable, cost effective factory; projects include equipment upgrades, rebuilds, replacements, and new installations
- Working closely with Electrical Systems Technicians as needed to support all activities.
- Maintaining a computer based system that tracks all assets, PM schedules, breakdowns, etc.
- Developing a time based maintenance and predictive maintenance process
- Updating of PM and AM inspection standards
- Developing Effective Maintenance Training programs for new Packaging Reliability Technicians
- Development of MP’s (formal documentation of all Maintenance Improvements to equipment and communicating to Engineering)
- Assuring that all breakdowns have a breakdown analysis performed
- Utilization of the 12 Step Focus Improvement process to improve equipment reliability and reduce maintenance costs; this includes projects to develop low cost maintenance
- Managing a maintenance budget through utilization of SAP reports and Ariba purchasing processes
- Utilizing Kronos timekeeping system to maintain weekly record of hours worked, along with explanation of overtime hours worked and ensures hours worked, vacation, personal hours, absences, etc. are correctly documented so employees are paid accurately
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (or a related field)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a leadership/supervisory role in maintenance within a manufacturing environment
- Work experience within a product, process, or packaging environment
- Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM), World Class Manufacturing (WCM) and continuous improvement experience is preferred
- CMMS System experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.