Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a first shift Maintenance Supervisor to be based in Lancaster, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Maintenance Supervisor will:
- Lead and direct Technical Associates in the daily support of the Manufacturing Operation.
- Detect and resolve equipment-related process constraints.
- Manage equipment-related projects and/or provide support to engineering project led by engineers. Lead equipment-related continuous improvement as well as providing technical training to Technical Associates.
- Detect and resolve constraints and reduce variability.
- Provide leadership, teaching, coaching, and mentoring to Technical Associates and Operations Associates to better achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- Qualify and train construction contractors, equipment suppliers and internal technical associates.
- Explore any new technologies (equipment-related) for the plant to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Troubleshoot equipment issues (down-time, change-over reduction) and work on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage execution of equipment maintenance programs.
- Participate in the daily production meetings.
- Work proactively to meet the operational goals.
- Team with Engineers and other Team Leaders to identify opportunities to expand capacity and implement solutions.
- Work with the operators and technical associates to identify equipment issues.
- Ensure equipment and product compliance with cGMPs.
- Support event investigations and implement equipment-related corrective actions.
- Effective management of action assigned for ownership
- Effective management of Safety and Environmental requirements and procedures.
- Comply with all regulatory, safety and environmental guidelines.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- A minimum of a BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a related discipline plus 6 years of related experience OR an MS in a similar field plus 3 years of related experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of comprehension of manufacturing processes and equipment is required.
- Demonstrated good verbal and written skills, and proven analytical ability is required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- Leadership capability is required.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices and new technologies.
- Results and action oriented.
- Ability to deliver tangible benefits to the business is preferred.
- Customer and quality focused.
- Technical knowledge of packaging and manufacturing equipment is preferred.
- Proficiency with data collection tools (ex. oscilloscope, data logger, etc.) is preferred.
- Ability to motivate, lead, guide and direct Technical Associates is preferred.
- This position is based in Lancaster, PA and may require up to 10% travel both domestic and international.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function