At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor for the Industrial Adhesives & Tapes Division located in Rockland, MA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.Job Summary
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Supervisor
will supervise support level employees within the maintenance department. This role may provide work direction to 3M Contingent Workers as well.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages 3M Contingent Workers and/or subordinates with clearly defined roles within facilities.
- Provides direct supervision to assigned employees through leadership, coaching, training and development, allocating work assignments, review of progress in achieving objectives, managing employee compensation, performance appraisals, diversity, disability, all relevant employee data, etc. Understands and enforces corporate/location policies and procedures. Takes appropriate action to address policy violations. May manage workforce vendors and contracts.
- Determines priorities and timetables, assigns resources/tasks, and provides performance feedback, with consultation from next level management. Accountable for the activities and results of their subordinates.
- Resolves issues and conflicts related to direct reports
- Leads projects, ensuring project objectives and deadlines are met. Presents project recommendations to appropriate personnel that demonstrate sound planning in support of business needs and goals.
- Provides engineering support in the coordination of documentation related activities, i.e., drawing revisions, test methods revisions, specifications, work order management, mechanical integrity, calibration, etc.
- Identifies and oversees the development and implementation of a variety of operational, policy and procedural changes to improve service and reduce costs.
- Oversees, communicates, and implements approved programs or systems.
- Understands and supports safety guidelines, Manual 80, maintenance conscious engineering, and process safety management.
- Works with Sourcing to write and monitor purchase specifications and contractor selection.
- Schedule, assign, and direct craftspeople in performance of tasks for installation, maintenance of equipment and/or facilities for Plant Engineering. Provides employees with proper tools, equipment and information including any changes that may affect their work. Acquire or develop appropriate maintenance and troubleshooting documentation to assure effective and consistent procedures for equipment maintenance. Ensure appropriate use of computerized maintenance record systems to contribute to efficiency of operations and to assure availability of information for future decisions relating to Plant Engineering functions.
- Understands and follows global financial standards applicable to the position.
- Responsible for creation, release, and change of necessary engineering documentation
- High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum of three (3) years of manufacturing experience
- Associate's Degree/Technical diploma or higher from an accredited learning institution
- Experience supervising direct reports in a manufacturing environment
- Able to apply knowledge of the business to align with business needs and goals.
- A thorough knowledge of theories and practices, typically applied to equipment and facility maintenance
- A functional knowledge of computer programs and corporate systems such as SAMS, TARS, Historian, and SAP
- Experience leading/managing projects in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with 3M EHS programs and requirements
- A thorough knowledge of general 3M structure, organization, and business.
Location: Rockland MA
Travel: May include up to 10 % domestic
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.