ATEP (Arconic Titanium and Engineered Products) is a world-class producer of titanium aero ingots and mill products-and a leader in multi-material airframe subassemblies and advanced technologies and materials, such as 3D printing and titanium aluminides. Titanium is the world's fastest-growing aerospace metal, and we're taking it to greater heights with vertically integrated capabilities and deep materials science expertise. Our engineered products and solutions help build the world's most advanced aircraft-and also help protect our troops and power our world.
The Maintenance Supervisor
offers the opportunity to become a vital member of a high profile, high energy, Titanium Alloy production unit created within a well-established, respected company with decades of industry leading manufacturing performance. Arconic has made a $31 million investment in facilities & equipment over the past 24 months in support of a 7-year contract to provide cutting edge materials to the Aerospace industry. The manufacture of Titanium Alloy process uses industrialized ground breaking production techniques that have been seen as revolutionary to the titanium melting industry. Come be part of a team that produces the most highly sought after titanium products with an aggressive ramp in product demand over the next several years.
The Maintenance Supervisor
, reporting to the Maintenance Manager, oversees the hourly skilled trade employees while performing various maintenance functions in conjunction with Operations. Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for directing, organizing and planning all aspects of machinery/equipment maintenance;
- Coordinate all projects related to machinery/equipment installation and repair;
- Work closely with operations to ensure equipment is running efficiently and plan equipment outages for repairs in conjunction with Operation's schedules;
- Lead and supervise hourly skilled trade employees including major repairs, overhauls, critical spares, and equipment shutdowns;
- Responsible for maintaining work order system, PM system and PM completion while focusing on continuous improvement;
- Identify opportunities to improve equipment performance and reliability;
- Enforce company policies, procedures, safety rules, follow contractual language, and issue discipline in conjunction with Human Resources;
- Trouble shoot equipment and processes, problem resolution and root cause analysis;
- Interface directly with vendors and technical support groups;
- Implement training for both hourly and salaried employees;
- Research and purchase parts and equipment;
- Perform other work as assigned by Maintenance Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution;
- Minimum 3 years in a supervisory/management role
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a technical discipline from an accredited institution;
- 3+ years' experience in a supervisory / management role with strong leadership, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends and holidays in a 24 hour, 7 day a week operational schedule;
- 5 or more years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably metals and union environment;
- 3 or more years of mechanical and/or electrical experience that includes working knowledge of electronic drives and PLCs;
- Ability to read and update electrical and mechanical schematics;
- Possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills that includes using electrical and mechanical schematics and test instruments;
- Demonstrated leadership experience successfully managing multiple tasks and prioritizing workload while paying attention to detail;
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, employee relations, quality, productivity and cost;
- Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced manufacturing environment;
- Immediate to Advanced skill level in Microsoft Office. Experience with SAP a plus.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.