The Plant Controls Specialist maintains and troubleshoots production equipment from various suppliers. Responsible for efficient and safe manufacturing processes through the supervision of maintenance team members. This position identifies and prioritizes controls / electrical opportunities to maximize operations performance within a facility. Position develops and maintains electrical and controls system documentation. Must adhere to the production schedule and ensure that safety and quality standards are met.Responsibilities
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Manage line efficiencies, key performance indicators and down time.
- Monitors the production process, makes periodic checks and adjusts equipment or work practices according to standard operating procedures.
- Ensures equipment in the area assigned is in working order and that working conditions are safe at all times. Verify the readiness of the production line at start-up and supervise change overs.
- Manage overall package and product quality to ensure all standards and specifications.
- Provide the proper training in Controls and Electricity to the Maintenance Technicians for the purpose of minimizing the production down time.
- Identify and prioritize controls / electrical opportunities to maximize operations performance within a facility.
- Plan and execute projects in a manner which minimizes downtime.
- Develop and maintain electrical and controls system documentation.
- Maintain and troubleshoot production equipment from various suppliers.
- Quickly identify root causes of problems, as mechanical, controls or joint problems and coordinate resources necessary to address them.
- Develop control software to achieve the balance between mechanical and controls changes to effectively handle all containers.
- Maintain Allen Bradley hardware and software: PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, Networks and various electrical systems.
- Be part of the team that supervises the electrical installation / integration of equipment and controls.
- Follow Company Controls and Electrical Specifications.
- Work with the Company Controls Engineering Group for the following purposes:
- Improve the designs / programs begun by others.
- Implement and propose improvements to the Controls and Electrical Specifications'
- Suggest which controls projects to be handled by Controls Engineering Group and which by the Plant Controls Specialist.
LOCATION AND WORK CONDITIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or minimum 10 years of work experience in industrial environments without college degree.
- Minimum 6 years of working experience in industrial environments which may include hydraulics, controls, high pressure steam/boilers, welding, electrical, PLC's, pneumatics and basic troubleshooting skills
- 2+ years supervising maintenance staff preferred.
- Proficiency in Allen Bradley PLCs, VFDs, HMIs, and Networks (Device Net, ControlNet, Remote IO, Data Highway Plus, and Ethernet).
- Experience with various Human Machine Interfaces preferred# Computer proficiency, including Excel and maintenance management software.
- Ability to troubleshoot maintenance-related problems.
- Able to read diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Ability to recognize defective parts.
- Able to understand and follow instructions concisely.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment. JOB
Work is performed in a high-speed manufacturing environment. Work requires exposure to temperature extremes, high noise levels, standing for extended periods, wetness, heights, dust, vibrations, fumes, etc. Work is performed around moving equipment and in confined spaces. EQUIPMENT: (Machines, devices, tools, etc., used in job performance) Personal Protective Equipment. Able to properly use SCBA, (self-contained breathing apparatus), respirator and Class A, B, or C Hazmat suit as required by OSHA and NIOSH. Follow, develop and upgrade MSDS sheets. Computer and associated software. Hand tools, measuring instruments, power tools, hard hat/bump cap, safety glasses, hearing protection and lockout devices. Welding using cutting torch. Confined space equipment. Forklift. Fire extinguisher. Company truck.
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top