Otis, a United Technologies company, is the world leader in reliable, efficient and technologically advanced elevators, escalators and people-moving systems. Our revolutionary Gen2® elevators, energy-saving ReGen™ drives and NCE "green" escalator have clearly set the industry standard for innovation, safety and performance. More than 2.4 million Otis elevators and escalators are currently in operation throughout 200 different countries. We are proud to have a global team that continues to rise to the challenges of a fast-moving company. Together, the people of Otis are creating new ideas and opportunities by collaborating across time zones, geographies and cultures. So just imagine where we can take you!
The Midwest Region of Otis Elevator Company is searching for a highly motivated Field Supervisor for the Toledo, Ohio area. Field Maintenance Supervision is a key position that allows Otis to maintain our competitive advantage. Ensuring we have strong bench strength with recognized proficiency in this area is critical to our success and this position also acts as an excellent entry point into the organization for future leaders. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leading and directing the field operations in the Toledo area for maintenance, repair, and open order activities
- Provide open order sales support, scheduling and quality assurance
- Review of estimates for accurate labor and material costs
- Drive labor efficiencies and implement processes to improve field efficiency
- Provide technical training and enforce safety in the workplace
- 2+ years of field operations experience within the elevator or related industry
- Meaningful experience/background in lean manufacturing/business processes, quality, project management, general management, and logistics/supply chain with a record of success
- Strong leadership potential and previously demonstrated competency proficiency in: customer service; focus on results; leading, motivating, engaging, and managing front line people; effectively communicating across all levels of an organization; always striving to identify and drive to closure improvement opportunities; the ability to think critically and utilize data in support of decision making
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient level skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree preferred
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways - a constant, reliable name for more than 160 years.