Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat.
We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Maintenance Supervisor will provide leadership to the Maintenance/Engineering Organization that will result in improved machine up-time while reducing the cost of tooling and maintenance supplies/expenses for a 24/7 operational plant. Key Tasks:
- Establish a communications plan with Manufacturing Operations that ensures the highest level of maintenance coordination and support to the shop floor operations.
- Establish a system for measuring, analyzing and improving key equipment uptime in a way that reduces maintenance burden and improves plant productivity.
- Measure MTTF (Mean Time To Fail) and MTTR (Mean Time To Repair)
- Development of maintenance department targets and KPI.
- Review tasks and issues from maintenance works orders and production information from GEMBA walks on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed and plant operates in accordance with OSHA/EPA standards.
- Maintains industrial manufacturing equipment directing other technicians and helping with repairs to electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, PLC systems.
- Supervises the maintenance employees and possess good employee relations activities, to assure a high level of employee morale, and fair treatment to all employees.
- Responsible for program development (lock out tag out / arc flash / etc.) Directs preventive maintenance programs to minimize equipment and facility failures
- Provides technical support and staff coordination of maintenance related items. Coordinates all outside maintenance and construction activities.
- Reviews proposals for new equipment, tools and facilities and plans for installation. Assists in preparation, justification and review of appropriation requests, layout and equipment changes.
- Establishes standard procedures for operation of all utility facilities and maintains adequate operating records.
- Responsible for management of inventory controls and maintenance purchasing through the use of Maximo Maintenance System.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Oversees parts department so that a good inventory of parts are available to insure prompt and efficient repair of equipment.
- Excel at troubleshooting and developing troubleshooting skills within the maintenance organization
- Continuous Improvement actions to support yearly plant budget.
- Experience using Kronos and Workday is preferred
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business preferred, with four years in a similar role. In lieu of a degree, six years equivalent relevant work experience is required.
- 3 years experience in leading a manufacturing maintenance staff required
- Lean manufacturing experience desired
- Leadership and people skills
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.