With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Manager of Maintenance Systems will report to the Director of Technical Services and focus on improving all Maintenance related activities. These activities include ownership and implementation of the B. Braun reliability strategic initiatives, planning and scheduling of work, improving and optimizing spare parts inventory accuracy and establish proper metrics for equipment performance. Main responsibilities include oversight of CMMS administrator, Maintenance Coordinators, Reliability Engineers and Store Room Operations. Ensures equipment performance initiatives are defined, supported and implemented. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Supervise CMMS administrator and ensure improvements to CMMS system are driven as needed to meet the Maintenance function requirements while meeting regulatory agency requirements.
- Supports development the B. Braun Maintenance Excellence program together with corporate directives so to ensure facility improves in all areas that the program encompasses.
- Reviews the program and implements changes for improving the efficiencies of the maintenance departments so to increase technician wrench time.
- Assist in coordinating plant shutdowns to include preventative maintenance, major projects, and plant modifications.
- Manage the activities related to tracking rejects and downtime, documenting trends, and initiating actions to minimize both rejects and downtime.
- Develops and manages the spare parts program for all applicable manufacturing and facility equipment in the applicable areas.
- Team will review the Preventive Maintenance procedures and makes changes to improve cost and efficiency.
- Sets goals for increasing the efficiency of the plant equipment and facilities.
- Monitors maintenance processes for compliance with the Company, FDA, OSHA, and GMP regulations.
- Sets priorities for manufacturing/facilities maintenance department in accordance with the plant priorities.
- Responsible for monthly spare parts expenses and monthly cost forecasts. Prepares annual expense budget for manufacturing/facilities maintenance.
- Develop a site wide predictive maintenance strategy on an annual basis for the Irvine site.
- Works with other groups (Production, Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, and Cost Accounting) on process, quality, and cost improvement projects as well as in the resolution of major issues.
- Approves maintenance projects and ensures the availability of resources for timely completion.
- Provides performance appraisal, employee coaching and counseling. Resolves conflicts and initiates disciplinary action when needed. Approves employee change status such as promotion, demotion, termination, etc.
- Develops on the job technical and equipment safety training for maintenance personnel.
- Interfaces with outside vendors for equipment purchases. Reviews technical data on equipment to be used for modification or replacement.
- Develops downtime tracking programs and approves changes to maintenance methods and/or projects to reduce equipment downtime.
- Ensures that all areas and equipment are maintained in good housekeeping condition.
- Ensure adequate staffing (headcount) and coordinate tasks for hiring of additional personnel. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and overseeing training of employees.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Knowledge of GMPs both basic and unique to the department's specialty(s) area.
- Software packages such as MS Office.
- Motivation and team building skills.
- Ability to supervise all levels of personnel.
- Budgeting and budget management.
- Project prioritization.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, commensurable with dealing with senior level management.
- Ability to evaluate competence of personnel to perform work within the individual's specialty(s) area.
- Preparation of RCIs.
- Candidates must possess educational attainment equivalent to a BS degree in an engineering discipline. A minimum 10 years experience in maintenance or technical field, supplemented by courses in Supervisory and Communication Skills, Good Manufacturing Practices, cost accounting, product quality and excellent computer knowledge
- Experience with Automation, PLC's and Controls plus Vision Systems is a plus.
- Experience in predictive maintenance technologies is a plus
- Previous experience in a similar function is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. #LI-EC1