About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
This position leads and directs a team of skilled craftspersons and engineers to build and execute a reliability based maintenance program in compliance with cGMP requirements and the Occupational Health and Safety Act for a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility as part of a dedicated team bringing lifesaving penicillin treatments to our patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for ensuring day-to-day responsibilities for the maintenance group are completed on time and aligned with the company best practices for Quality, Compliance, Safety and the Environment
• Responsible for Planning and Executing Shutdown Activities
• Partners with Production and Quality Team Leads on decision making, risk taking and investigations
• Leads technical support functions (Mechanics, Electrician, Calibration and Utilities) to tackle technical problems (troubleshooting) and support production continuity.
• Takes a tactical role on investigations and improvements partnering with process engineering and upper management.
• Develops, leads, engages and supports the maintenance team and creates an atmosphere of team effort and open communication.
• Follows site procedures for change control and provides documentation to Engineering and Validation on a timely basis for any design changes that are proposed or implemented.
• Prepares and supervises the completion and revision of effective maintenance procedures so that equipment, systems, processes, and facilities, perform as designed and validated.
• Provides information support during FDA and Quality Assurance audits.
• Administers departmental procedures and union contract for maintenance technicians.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
Minimum of six years' experience in pharmaceutical facilities and equipment
- Knowledge of GMP, OSHA and FDA regulations applicable to the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in reliability based maintenance practices
- Proven leadership ability, decision making ability, and excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Candidate must possess flexibility to respond to constantly changing conditions and priorities.
This position is in a Penicillin Facility. The candidate must NOT be allergic to Penicillin.
Collects and researches data; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; approaches problems objectively and systematically; draws accurate conclusions from complex information.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
At different times of the year, this position will work long hours for scheduled manufacturing shutdown periods and throughout the year may be required to work late with little notice as need arises when equipment is unexpectedly down. This position will be on-call screening alarms and dispatching technicians 24/7 on a rotating schedule with other colleagues.
Limited travel may be required.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
the company is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. the company also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. the company is an E-Verify employer.
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.