Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Team Leader, Maintenance, to be located in Los Angeles, CA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Maintenance Team Leader supervises the Equipment/Systems Maintenance functions to assure reliable, cost effective manufacturing process and packaging operations in compliance with FDA guidelines and current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to ensure reliable, cost effective manufacturing process and packaging manufacturing operations. Responsibility includes the execution of Preventive Maintenance, Corrective Maintenance and Emergency work for manufacturing equipment/systems and R&D Pilot Plant Equipment.
The Maintenance Team Leader will:
• Supervise all mechanical and electrical maintenance activities related to manufacturing process equipment; maximizing technician’s /mechanic’s utilization
• Supervise Reliability Center Maintenance activities assuring improvement of equipment performance and improvement of applicable equipment maintenance methodologies
• Supervise Maintenance Planning and Scheduling activities assuring effectiveness of Maintenance schedules
• Responsible for selecting, training, developing and rewarding, employees in accordance with Neutrogena's policies and applicable laws and regulations
• Track skills and manage development plans for team members. Train and develop maintenance technicians (including giving regular feedback and coaching) to solve production equipment problems in order to improve safety, quality and efficiency of the lines
• Manage team staffing (including job rotation) and proactively identify the need of additional resources when required.
• Align maintenance resources, expenses and staff for maximum effectiveness of manufacturing operations; ensuring compliance with safety, environmental and quality guidelines
• Support of validation/qualification protocols (IQ/OQ/PQ) with task related to equipment maintenance to execute in a timely manner
• Ensure performance of all activities required to maintain an effective preventative maintenance program
• Identify and address key process control points that need to be included in the Calibration and Preventive Maintenance Programs
• Ensure the manufacturing PLC/PC systems programs are well documented and archived
• Support continuous improvement in equipment uptime and reliability metrics to achieve manufacturing schedule and OGSM objectives.
• Perform routine checks, insuring the manufacturing equipment is operating within compliance with Neutrogena’s safety and quality policies, procedures, and standards
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline is required
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in the Maintenance/Engineering field in a Pharmaceutical or Chemical Process Industry is required
• Previous demonstrated experience in supervisory role leading maintenance technical personnel is required
• Familiar with World Class maintenance concepts such a Reliability Center Maintenance, Total Productive Maintenance, FMEA, FMECA, Maintenance Planning & Scheduling, and Predictive Maintenance among others is preferred
• Green Belt Six Sigma certification and/or familiarity with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts is preferred
• Experience maintaining equipment in Compounding and Fill & Pack manufacturing environment is preferred
• Experience leading projects, working cross functionally and initiatives related to Safety, GMP Compliance and Cost Improvement is required
• Ability to apply negotiation skills in dealing with customers, vendors, governmental agencies, and others is required
• Advanced Computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.) is required
• Knowledge in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS). Experience in MAXIMO is desired
• Hands on experience installing, maintaining and troubleshooting PLCs, Automatic Process Controls and Computer Supervisory controls are highly desired
• Knowledge of FDA, cGMP’s regulations, OSHA and other governmental regulations is required
United States-California-Los AngelesOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.