Responsible for the maintenance, reliability, and functional assurance of plant equipment, including safety critical equipment and general support of plant performance objectives. Provide site leadership of maintenance staff and be an active member of the plant emergency response team. Must be able to work effectively with operations group to complete required task without impacting overall HSSE / business goals of the facility. Must be able to understand and ensure compliance with regulatory / management system requirements as they apply to maintenance activities. Must be able to realize / capture full potential of 9 to 15 FTE maintenance staff / direct reports. Grasp and demonstrate basic understanding of site economic drivers.
- Ensure safe, efficient, available, and reliable operation of the asset.
- Ensure delivery of the maintenance / project component of the asset business plan
- Meet established HSSE roles and responsibilities for supervisors
- Provide day to day direction and oversight to plant maintenance activities
- Assist in the development and delivery of plant maintenance efficiency and budget targets
- Troubleshooting equipment
- Coordinate maintenance activities w/ operations, engineering, and HSSE via Maximo / Planning scheduling process
- Ensure compliance with mechanical integrity requirements, i.e. SC inspections
- Maintenance procurement and compliance w/ PSCM guidelines
- Serve as a member of Plant LT and assume on-call responsibilities, as required
- Ensure competency of maintenance staff
- Training to appropriate standards, (CBT, safety meeting, etc.)
- Ensure individual training completed in accordance with site training matrix
- Performs administrative functions relating to maintenance, i.e. scheduling, exceptions, etc.
- Conduct performance management process with all direct reports
- Assure maintenance input to asset risk identification and management programs
- Ensure maintenance compliance with all relevant/required management programs including PSM, ISO 14001, HSSE, CMS, Mechanical Integrity, etc.
- Ensure hazards are systematically identified and risks assessed and managed
- Ensure facilities and processes are fit for service
- Develop and maintain SOPs for improving the safety and integrity of the operation
- Adhere to Management of Change process
- Ensure protective systems and devices are in place to prevent, detect, control or mitigate incidents
- Prepared to carry out emergency response actions
- Investigate incident cause
- Clear about job roles and competent to carry them out.
- High school diploma required
Essential experience and job requirements
- 8 years working experience in Mechanical/Technical maintenance.
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
- Ability to lead small to medium sized team with multiple tasks / disciplines / skill sets
- Must have strong planning and organizational skills
Desirable criteria & qualifications
- Technical / Trade school degree desirable but not required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred but not required.
Yes - up to 50%
Is this a part time position?
Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
BP's Upstream segment focuses on finding reserves of oil and gas, developing the means to extract and process it and then consistently producing and transporting it to market. This involves using cutting edge technology to find the energy reserves, the ability to drill thousands of meters under the ground, designing, building and operating some of the world's largest most complex production onshore / offshore facilities and finally being able to transport these fluids, in order to provide energy to the world.
BP is the largest operator (excluding National Oil Companies) in the world with over 6.6MM BOE/Day gross operated production and operations in 25 countries on six continents. The largest community in BP's Upstream Segment, around 6000 people work in operations, essentially delivering oil and gas from the wellhead to the market. Operations staff play a significant role at all stages of the exploration and production cycle - providing input to a project from early appraisal all the way through to full production.
[ "23-Nov-2016" ]
A little about us:
One of the world's leading international oil & gas companies, BP employs over 80,000 talented minds in 80 countries, fostering innovation & diversity.