The multi-craft Maintenance Technician II position is responsible for safely maintaining and repairing metal fabrication manufacturing equipment, operating and maintaining utility systems, and fabrication or refurbishment of machine components and assemblies according to predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business objectives and goals. This position makes necessary decisions, according to skill level, in carrying out all job functions when working without assistance or direct supervision.JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Safety
- Adhere to all OC and Plant specific requirements when properly handling, moving and storing metal.
- Participate on safety teams
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Recognize, report and correct safety hazards upon identification
- Safeguards self with hazard recognition methods, utilizing proper personal protective equipment.
- Works safely and follows all documented and "common sense" safety policies and procedures.
- Notifies on-duty leader immediately of any accident, near miss, or injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem.
- Follows all environmental compliance polices & programs.
- Operates compressed air, HVAC, and chilled water utility systems.
- Performs assigned work orders as they are scheduled.
- Reacts to and resolves a trouble call with a sense of urgency.
- Troubleshoots a problem to its root cause and help to eliminate recurrence.
- Cleans up immediately after job completion and maintains good housekeeping standards.
- Keeps part, supplies, and tool storage clean and organized.
- Inspects a hand or power tool prior to each use.
- Works with other employees and outside contractors in a team like manner.
- Participates with continuous improvement activities.
JOB REQUIREMENTSMINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Adheres to all quantity requirements
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
SKILLS AND ABILITIESMechanical Skills - Required
- 3 plus years manufacturing environment experience
- 3 plus years working in positions responsible for mechanical or electrical maintenance
Mechanical Skills - Preferred
- Mechanical assembly precision by observing cleanliness, fit, alignment, and bolt torque specifications.
- Precision measurement with micrometer, caliper, dial indicator, thickness gauge.
- Interpret mechanical detail and assembly drawings.
- Understanding of lubrication principles and proper application of lubricants.
- Interpret pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Basic plumbing and pipefitting, hand threading, selection and proper use of thread sealant.
Electrical Skills - Required
- Machining with end mill, lathe, drill press, surface grinder, band saw.
- Hot work with MIG/TIG welding, oxygen/acetylene torch, plasma cutter, soldering, brazing.
- Basic sheet metal fabrication with mechanical shear, hand brake, slip roller
- Basic carpentry for occasional fabrication of shipping and storage crates
- Basic knowledge of industrial electrical code, wire sizing, overload protection, grounding.
- Interpret electrical schematics.
- Basic knowledge of safe use and care for multi-meters.
- Troubleshooting of control circuits and instrumentation.General MaintenanceAbilities
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Read, write, and speak English.
- Good communication skills.
- Initiative to learn and develop preferred skills.
- Basic knowledge of safe use and care for hand and power tools.
- Reading comprehension of company policies, procedures, and OEM technical documentation.
- Perform well in a non-routine work environment.
- Computer literacy to perform work order related tasks in Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
- Operate a forklift, manlift, and aerial work platform.
- Work Mon-Fri weekly rotating 1st (7:00AM-3:00PM) and 2nd (3:00PM-11:00PM) shifts.
- Work overtime during week days or weekends as needed.
- Regular attendance and flexible to changes as needed
- Work at height up to 30ft with ladders or man-lifts.
- Walk or stand on concrete floors for prolonged periods.
- Push/pull/lift on tool handles and machinery components safely.
- Flexibility to access positions beneath, around, and over equipment to make adjustments or repairs.
- Ability to safely move up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
Founded in 1938, Owens Corning is a market-leading innovator of glass-fiber technology