Auto req ID: 166904BR
Position Type: Full Time
Employee Type: Nonexempt
Job Summary Supports the FedEx Ground facility electro-mechanical maintenance effort through rudimentary operational knowledge of mechanical power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/industrial electrical machinery and equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repair.
Essential Functions • Performs assigned rudimentary preventative maintenance work according to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is fully executed.
• Demonstrates ability to follow procedures directed by work orders or higher level technicians to conduct rudimentary troubleshooting preventative maintenance and repair
• Responds promptly to sort calls; diagnoses the failure; makes required repairs.
• Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
• May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education • High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
Minimum Experience • No experience required, 1 year of light industrial maintenance, such as power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/electrical experience preferred.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure • Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.(Required)
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management. (Required)
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.(Required)
Address: 8951 Yosemite Street
Zip Code: 80640
Search Engine Description: Maintenance
Domicile Location: P802
EEO Statement FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
A little about us:
FedEx Ground specializes in cost-effective, small-package ground shipping, offering dependable business-to-business delivery and residential services.