Primary Purpose of the Job
To maintain, repair, replace, adjust, and modify the facilities tools and equipment, as well as the building and its grounds, according to a set schedule and in emergency and non-emergency situations.Major Activities/Key challenges
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education
- Be able to work from 4pm to 12:30am, Monday through Friday.
- Strictly adhere to safety regulations and plant policies.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility's equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities
- Read and interpret equipment amnuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, rest and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventitive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned/needed
- At the end of the shift, secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
- Flexible, "whatever it takes" attitude.
Basic QualificationsBasic or Minimum Qualification Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications
- Ability to operate a variety of hand tools, welding machines, cutting torches, power tools, pipe cutters, power drills, power saws, pullers, wrenches, screw drivers, socket ratchets, grinders, pry bars, hammers, punches, measuring devices, and chisels.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stretch, reach, and lift 15-35 pounds repetitively for8-12 hours.
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of/experience in working with Screw Machines, Drillers, tappers, and other manufacturing equipments, as well as troubleshooting the above mentioned machines.
- Excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal relationship skills
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.