Maintenance Technican (2nd Shift)
Location: South Brunswick Township, New Jersey
Posted: August 11, 2016
Reference ID: 00001EPP
PharMEDium Services, a subsidiary of AmerisourceBergen, is a growing outsource compounding organization servicing hospitals nationwide.
This job will: (1) perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of processing equipment, facilities, and building systems, (2) safely maintain equipment in a manner that meets company procedures and ensures minimum equipment downtime, (3) maintain and troubleshoot industrial automation, (4) coordinate activities of external contractors, (5) provide on-call maintenance support on off shifts as required
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform and/or coordinate preventive maintenance activities on existing equipment, facilities, and facilities systems at the compounding center located in Dayton, NJ.
• Troubleshoot and resolve facility and/or equipment problems including temperature, pressure, and air handler systems within a clean room environment, and Laminar Air Flow Hoods.
• Ensure compliance to procedures relating to process equipment and facilities operation. Write Critical Work Requests (CWRs) prior to emergency or scheduled maintenance on critical systems and close CWRs after work is complete.
• Perform assigned maintenance work in accordance with instructions of the PM system, work instruction, and/or applicable equipment maintenance manual.
• Take ownership and responsibility to promptly respond to problem calls, quickly diagnosing the failure and making required repairs.
• Troubleshoot Allen Bradley PLCs, Fanuc robots, vision systems, and other industrial automation systems.
. Experience and Educational Requirements
1. Associates Degree preferred (technical/pre-engineering)
2. Must be very self-motivated and be able to work independently.
3. At least 5 years of related experience in a pharmaceutical or medical device related maintenance department.
4. Electrical troubleshooting ability including: ability to program and wire AC drives, 480/240VAC 3 phase motors, and 120VAC/24VDC control systems; quickly determine if AC or DC power is present; determine if switches, relays, circuit breakers and/or overload devices are "On" or "Off"; and troubleshoot or repair electric control circuits, motor control centers, and programmable logic controls.
5. Experience and troubleshooting ability with HVAC systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanical systems.
6. Computer literacy including MS products, Allen Bradley PLC programming software, and other computer based programming or troubleshooting software.
7. Demonstrate the ability to communicate well with all levels of employees across the organization.
8. Demonstrate teamwork skills, the ability to work within a set of rules, ability to work positively with peers or supervisors, proactively engage in maintenance activities, and demonstrate adaptability.
9. Develop Requests for Proposals (RFPs) with external contractors and review competing bids to identify best alternative.
10. Ability to read and use a digital multi-meter and have working knowledge and use of hand tools and small power tools, drills, grinders, etc.
11. Prefer experience with Fanuc robots, Allen Bradley PLCs, and AutoCAD.