At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:
The Aberdeen plant serves 15 3M divisions such as Automotive, Construction Home and Improvement Markets, Personal Safety, and others. This site manufactures products such as specialty tapes, furnace filters, respirators, and other products. The Aberdeen plant has been in operation more than 40 years and has approximately 650 employees. Job Summary:
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for maintenance of production converting, assembly and packaging equipment; troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, installation and start-up of new equipment. The position will require working with engineering and production personnel during the troubleshooting, modification, fabrication, welding, and repair of plant equipment, utilities and processes. Strong PLC and PC skills are required. Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
This position will require working:
- Demonstrate safe work behaviors to avoid injury to self or others
- Follow operating procedures and customer specifications to produce quality products which are delivered to customers on time
- Work effectively within a production work team and collaborate with other teams
- Contribute to continuous improvement and problem solving
- Maintain neat and orderly conditions in area and help maintain and promote safe conditions
- Operate assigned equipment in a safe, effective, and efficient manner
- Operate processes according to procedures
- Use hand and power tools
- Use computers as needed to run process operation
- Monitor other operations and works cooperatively with others
- Diagnosing equipment and process problem
- Diagnose and trouble shoot problems with equipment; take out or make changes in equipment per instructions (written or verbal) and/or drawings
- Trouble shoot problems, determine corrective action, and correct problems
- Design equipment, alterations and modifications of existing equipment
- May perform modifications or alterations to equipment, drawings
- Perform minor electrical maintenance such as:
- Diagnose electrical basic modification functions
- Controller adjustments
- Disconnect//hook-up electrical devices such as motors, switches, etc. for maintenance and/or repair
- Work with Electrical Systems Technician to communicate, help troubleshoot in order to minimize equipment downtime
- Read micrometers and other mechanical measuring instruments
- Overhaul production machines, pumps hydraulic units, and building service units.
- Working rotating shifts
- Working overtime
- Weekend work
- Work holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Possess, or in the last 6 months of pursing, a two (2) year technical degree in a maintenance field
- Possess an Associate's degree in a Technical discipline such as, Electro-Mechanics, Mechatronics Technology, Automation Controls/SCADA, Robotics, Machinist, Automotive, Diesel Mechanic or similar program
- Experience working with electrical equipment
- Industrial maintenance experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently or with teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate, maintain, and repair tools and equipment
: Aberdeen, SDRelocation:
Is not authorized
**Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
This posting is for a Maintenance Technician position at 3M Aberdeen. Qualified applications may be considered when Maintenance Technician openings occur at 3M Aberdeen for up to 6 months of the posting of this requisition
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.