Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America (PENA) has partnered with Tesla Motors, Inc. to construct a large-scale advanced battery manufacturing facility known as the Giga-factory near Reno, Nevada. Panasonic's role in the Giga-factory will be to manufacture and supply cylindrical lithium-ion cells and based on the battery demand from Tesla, the Giga-factory is planned to produce 35GWh of cells, which will double the world’s current production!
Our mission at PENA is to make the vision of affordable Electric Vehicles a reality by production of the world’s safest, high quality and lowest cost batteries. Through this effort we will create a clean energy society and our products will change society’s use of and perceptions of electric power. SUMMARY/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Qualifications: EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and plant facilities/equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of electrical, PLC, programming maintenance and functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience.
- 4 years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills. PLC and HVAC experience desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT
: Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Must be able to read and understand English instructions, written and verbally. TRAVEL REQUIREMENT:
Some international travel possible.
In addition to an environment that's as innovative as our products, we offer competitive salaries and benefits. Panasonic is an Equal Opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Energy Corporation of North America.
A little about us:
Panasonic Energy Corporation of America is the premier manufacturer of powerful, energy efficient, long-lasting batteries.