12 hour nights
Shift 6 and shift 8
The Technician, Maintenance - Manufacturing is a Salaried Non-Exempt position which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by ensuring safe and efficient operation of plant manufacturing equipment through hands on maintenance and maintenance related initiatives.
Essential Job Duties
- Directly supports PMT, TPM, and energy reduction activities through team membership, innovative thinking, and completion of assigned projects.
- Coordinate with Engineering and perform equipment modifications to include the required change control documentation (CMR/EWR)
- Involved in safety solutions
- Act as a resource in B-4 mechanic and manufacturing operator skill training.
- Understand the use of predictive maintenance tools - Develop opportunities to use predictive tools by attending training and then training others in Laser Alignment - Vibration Analysis - Infrared - Ultrasonic
- Develop tools (jigs) for standard equipment checks
- Preventative Maintenance generation and or refinement of existing PMs
- Analyze machine failures for root cause and implement corrective actions
- Assist in annual inspections
- Monitor parts spending and reliability trends
- Utilize a laptop to communicate with PLCs and Servos to diagnose issues
- Use a drawing package, multi-meter and other diagnostic equipment to determine electrical issues
- Diagnose mechanical wear, alignment, adjustment, and setup issues
- Develop standard work for troubleshooting and setups/changeovers
- New Equipment installs - works with engineers, vendors, and equipment suppliers
- Installation support - act as lead technician on floor, directing central maintenance and other supporting groups
- Factory acceptance testing - works with engineer and quality to accept new equipment which could include being willing to travel with overnight stays for factory acceptance and training
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (Pro) for maintenance related SOPs
- Proficient in CMR, EWR, Cleaning reports, and other equipment related documentation as applicable to the area
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality or discrepancy issues occur
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- This position involves working around moving equipment
- Can include working in a Class I, Class II, Class III or Class IV Controlled Environment which may include the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, ear plugs, hairnet, beard cover, isolation mask, gown, hood, boots or shoe covers, face shield, insulated gloves and disposable gloves
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of 5 years of mechanical systems repair, industrial maintenance or equivalent is required
- Associates degree in a technical related discipline (i.e. Industrial Maintenance)
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills required
- Well organized
- Self-motivated to achieve goals and require little supervision
- Ability to develop a concept from general requirements
- The position requires the ability to individually lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
- Normal visual acuity is necessary including the ability to distinguish colors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, department and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required. Some job duties are performed on a rotating basis.
*Due to the nature of this position, the ability to work most holidays, some weekends and plant shut down periods is required.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.