Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter - St. Paul, MN engages in the development and manufacture of biological and mechanical products used by surgical specialties for the repair and reconstruction of soft tissue damaged or destroyed by disease or injury. Baxter - St. Paul's products include implantable biomaterials for soft tissue repair, devices for microsurgery, and surgical tools. Its biomaterial products comprise Peri-Strips, which are biomaterial stapling buttresses used as reinforcement at the surgical staple line to reduce fatal leaks; Tissue-Guard that is used to repair and replace damaged tissue in cardiac, vascular, thoracic, and neurologic procedures and Veritas for use in surgery to repair soft tissue. The company's devices for microsurgery comprise GEM Microvascular Anastomotic Coupler, which enables microsurgeons in various surgical specialties to perform anastomotic microsurgical procedures, including plastic and reconstructive, head and neck, and orthopedic and hand; and GEM Microvascular Anastomotic Flow Coupler which enables microsurgeons to detect blood flow and confirmation of vessel patency following end-to-end anastomosis of vessels
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Will provide a moderate level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of production processes, equipment and equipment components.
2. Performs preventative maintenance of critical production and plant equipment on a regular basis.
3. Assist in manufacturing projects / studies
4. Must be familiar with GMP practices.
5. Will provide a moderate level of troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair of building systems, equipment and equipment components. Requires some familiarity with generally accepted building, plumbing, piping, electrical, and fire protection practices and codes.
6. Must follow safety rules and ensure compliance with state and federal EPA regulation and laws.
7. Attends required training, meetings, and QWTs.
1. As specified in the Duties and Responsibilities section.
2. High School Diploma is required
3. 3 - 5 years of mechanical systems repair is desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.