Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineers and Manufacturing to support and improve manufacturing operations, including troubleshooting equipment and process issues, performing and documenting fixtures and equipment maintenance, and updating process documentation.
- Assists Manufacturing Engineers with projects through building or procuring test equipment and performing testing, including process validations
- Identify and troubleshoot process, material, or equipment problems to minimize down time and recommend solutions to Manufacturing Engineering.
- Develop, assemble, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assist the Manufacturing Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing.
- Installs and validates equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time following the established validation procedure.
- Performs preventive maintenance of critical plant and production and plant equipment on a regular basis.
Education and Preferred Qualifications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Basic science and/or math skills
- Team orientation
A Career That Matters
- High School diploma or equivalent, AA Degree in Engineering Technology or related field is preferred.
- Clean room, Medical Device, Pharma, or Food / Beverage Manufacturing experience is desired
- Regular attendance is necessary to perform the essential functions of the job
- Light work, frequent lifting up to 20 lbs; frequent standing/walking.
Baxter's employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day. Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.