Alcoa Fastening Systems & Rings has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic. This position will provide world class customer service to our existing machines and operators. This position is located in the Alcoa Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) aerospace forged rings plant in Rochester, NY. All candidates should be willing to work 3:30pm - 11:30pm.
Alcoa Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 8,000 people in 13 countries at 39 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Alcoa, Inc. (NYSE:AA)
Physical RequirementsMust be able to lift and handle up to 35 pounds on a frequent basisMust be able to lift and handle up to 50 pounds on an occasional basisMust be able to work for 7 to 9 hours per day without sitting
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair services for production equipment and ancillary equipment throughout the shop. This includes dealing with electrical control panels, plumbing, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical operating systems.
- Possess a sound understanding of troubleshooting problems with equipment when necessary as well as perform emergency repairs, while maintaining equipment's operational efficiency.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using reasoning and decision making skills to ensure quality work.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, takes initiative, and works with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrates learning agility and the ability to understand and interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions including schematics and manufacturing drawings.
- To maximize production demands, and machine efficiencies the skill of solid time and change management will be needed.
- Ability to regularly communicate and work with a team where the purpose of contact is to provide and/or receive information, explanation, or interpretation of information.
- Utilize a variety of machines and hand tools used for adjusting, fabricating, fitting, and checking production equipment for its repair and/or replacement.
- Any other tasks as assigned by Management.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.