Adecco is assisting a local client recruiting for a Maintenance Technician job in Richmond. This is for a temp-to-perm opportunity that will give you valuable experience to enhance your career. As a Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for performing work involving maintenance - repair to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment working properly. The ideal candidate is proactive in looking for preventative repairs, an excellent problem solver, and is detail-oriented. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
Responsibilities for this Maintenance Technician job include:
- Perform maintenance and repair duties as necessary to ensure the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges
- Align and balance new equipment after installation
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary
-Perform preventive maintenance as indicated in the preventive maintenance program.
- Repair process equipment and facility as requested in maintenance work orders..
- Maintain walkways and parking areas as needed during winter conditions.
- Analyze boiler water and adjust chemicals as necessary to ensure good boiler condition.
- Analyze soft water and notify Service Company when repairs are necessary to maintain required softness.
- Write purchase orders and contact vendors to obtain parts and equipment as necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials, and questionable conditions to Department Supervisor. Maintain work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly, and safe condition.
- Maintain Universal Waste containers for used bulbs and batteries.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Pay is $12 - $25/hr. based on experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Some secondary/vocational training or equivalent experience as a maintenance technician preferred
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while adhering to standard operating procedure
- Basic reading and math skills sufficient to allow accurate execution of maintenance and repair procedures.
- Train as per Maintenance category in Procedure # RI-SAFETYTRAIN training grid. Retrain annually in Hazardous Waste Handling.
- Review department SOPs with Department Supervisor.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits are available to you as a contractor after one week of employment.
Click on Apply Now to be considered for this Maintenance Technician job in Richmond or any related opportunities with Adecco.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
We partner with people to improve skills, teams and lives every day, and we help them achieve more than they ever thought possible.