Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you're searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI!
Job Description To provide technical support for the maintenance department and resolve difficult maintenance issues. Coordinate and communicate with other departments in a professional and collaborative manner. OBJECTIVES:
• Perform preventive and predictive maintenance, repair machinery and equipment to manufactures original standards.
• Answer trouble calls to support the goals of the production and support departments and review and complete projects supporting plant requirements.
• Ensure established safety and best-practice procedures are followed and maintained.
1. Mechanical systems analysis and repair. Must possess knowledge of mechanical equipment and systems to effectively troubleshoot breakdowns as well as identify areas that may create future concerns. Must be able to work and operate in a safe manner.
2. Electrical systems analyis and repair. Must possess knowledge of electrical equipment and systems to effectively troubleshoot breakdowns as well as identify areas that may create future concerns. Must be able to work and operate in a safe manner
3. Installation and relocation of equipment and machinery. Must be able to use safe handling practices in the installation and relocation of new or existing machinery and equipment used in the production and support areas. Must be able to properly identify
4. Pneumatic systems analysis and repair. Must possess knowledge of pneumatic equipment and systems to effectively troubleshoot breakdowns as well as identify areas that may create future concerns. Must be able to work and operate in a safe manner
5. Hydraulic systems analysis and repair Must possess knowledge of hydraulic equipment and systems to effectively troubleshoot breakdowns as well as identify areas that may create future concerns. Must be able to work and operate in a safe manner
6. Tool usage. Must be proficient in the selection use and safe handling of hand tools, measuring devices and instruments, power tools, machining and cutting tools, equipment and machinery.
7. Math. Must have basic working knowledge in including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of whole and fractional numbers including decimals. Some use of geometry and trig may be required.
8. Troubleshoot and repair all cnc and pneumatic equipment on production lines, vinyl and glass.
9. Troubleshoot and repair basic computer issues.
10. Install and setup new machinery
11. Perform scheduled PM'S
12. Move and setup production lines
13. Work with quality control on product issues to maintain quality product.
14. Work with engineering on machine changes for new and modified product
15. Work with management to help lines meet their efficiencies.
16. Projects, including but not limited to cutting and welding metal, following a print or designing your own
17. Schedule machine down time to make non critical repairsSECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in training operators
• Perform security function (locking up plant, setting and disarming alarm systems)
• Support role in investigations, accident, process improvement
• Run conduit and wire for electric drops.
• Cut, thread and run black pipe for all pneumatics.
• Troubleshoot and repair dock locks and dock doors.
• Repair minor problems on towmotors.
• Maintain lighting inside building (fixtures and bulbs).EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferred a minimum 2 year technical degree in mechanical engineering or electronic technology is preferred
Knowledge of Servo drives and motors, software controlled CNC machinery, and PLC's
Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic control
Preferred experience as a CNC machinist
5-6 yrs of experience
Additional Information All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com
Videos To Watch
AMI is a leading manufacturer and wholesale distributor of professionally installed, exterior building products for remodeling and new construction.