We are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lead the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps.
If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward. Learn more and/or apply at www.kerry.com/careers .
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. Description and Responsibilities
Qualifications EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Inspects and tests machinery, and equipment.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors, operators or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearing, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic steam, and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Basic electrical troubleshooting and repair
- Sets up and operates machine tools such a grinder, and drill to repair or fabricate machine parts, jigs and fixtures, and tools.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other metal structures.
- Troubleshoots all problems with building and performs preventative maintenance.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, and at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one or small group situations MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
No Certification required OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Ability to use equipment for lifting materials in within the plant and maintenance warehousing area. Prior forklift experience preferred and ability to pass Kerry's forklift testing. Prior work computer experience. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to use all types of welding, cutting, machine, and hand tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally team lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office and stockroom near a garage area and exposes the employee to various fumes and gases from vehicle exhausts, solvents, grease, oils, paint and other chemical hazards and extreme weather conditions while working outside.
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.