We are Kerry. The Taste & Nutrition Company. We make products people enjoy and feel better about. And, we are growing. We need talented, passionate people who want to help us make the business better. People who expect better from themselves. People who care about delivering better for customers, their colleagues, the company and their own career. People who take pride in paving new paths to lead the business forward. We need great people who want to do great things. People like you, perhaps.
If you are high energy, self-motivated, creative, collaborative, and enjoy executing against the demands of a fast-paced high growth organization, then consider joining our team to help drive your career and Kerry forward.
Kerry is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Kerry will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen Description and Responsibilities
The Maintenance Technician is located in Evansville, IN, and reports into the Maintenance Supervisor. This is a plant within our Meat division and has around 130 employees, union facility and runs 24/7. Ability to work a flexible schedule .
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for making major installations and/or repairs to our production equipment as well as general maintenance and repairs. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic as well as the ability to take initiative and multi-task. Communication with all team members is essential.
- Assist production with machinery issues to prevent downtime
- Installation of new equipment
- Record completed tasks in maintenance work order system
- Perform routine preventive maintenance tasks
- Communicate timing of repairs with production department
- Know the cleaning requirements for your specific position
- Ensure end of shift cleaning is complete prior to departure
- Report all Accidents and Near-Misses immediately
- Create positive relationships with coworkers
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years in electrical and mechanical maintenance including electrical wiring and controls, welding, plumbing and reading prints
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA requirements
- PLC troubleshooting using Allen Bradley interfaces preferred
- Strong organizational skills & excellent communication skills are essential
- Basic computer skills, with the ability to work with Kerry Maintenance systems. Kerry will train on our specific systems.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English at a level to facilitate the understanding of the terminology of the job.
- Ability to kneel, bend, squat, stoop, carry, climb, reach, stand, grip, pull, arm extensions and perform elevated work in hot, cold or wet environments
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively on a daily basis
A little about us:
To delight and nourish consumers across the globe.