Rockford , Illinois - United States Shift:
10p-8a Wed. - Sat SUMMARY
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for routine maintenance and downtime activities. This person must work independently and in conjunction with fellow maintenance and/or production personnel as tasks demand.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the process, process equipment, controls, and the Maintenance stores areas.
- Develop troubleshooting skills and techniques for the equipment and controls.
- Perform routine and nonroutine maintenance on process equipment, preventative maintenance, etc., on an assigned basis.
- Maintain the entered pertinent information in Maintenance Log Book.
- Assist Maintenance Specialist as directed.
- Assist with major machine maintenance activities on all equipment, and pay particular attention to unfamiliar equipment or work activities.
- Communicate work activities and findings verbally and written (time cards, Maintenance Log, etc.).
- Communicate any and all observed or found equipment problems to Maintenance Leader in a timely manner.
- Maintain a "willingness-to-learn-more" attitude through developed work habits, machine instruction booklets, self-taught skills courses, and outside educational programs.
- "Log out" any materials removed from stores during the course of work activities.
- Comply with all plant rules.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Regular Attendance.
- All other duties as assigned or needed.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Troubleshooting knowledge.
- Basic understanding and experience in machine repair.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Ability to complete intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Demonstrate teamwork; maintain communication links with co-workers, production crews, maintenance personnel and supervision.
- Strong attributes for attention to detail.
- Ability to accomplish all of the above without direct supervision.
The employee must be able to:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Log into and navigate Globalink to access PeopleSoft for paycheck/benefits enrollment information.
- Log into and navigate Owens Corning University (OCU) and accomplish online training routinely.
- Navigate Microsoft Outlook to send and receive plant communications.
- Intermediate computer skills.
The employee should have the following:
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Background in industrial electricity preferred.
- Experience in a maintenance environment.
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs. without assistance.
- Work up to 10 hours in hot/cold manufacturing environment.
- Walk/stand on concrete floor continuously for up to 10 hours.
- Safeguard self with Personal protective Equipment (PPE) - steel-toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) hearing protection and long sleeved shirt (with shirt tail tucked in) as necessary for task.
About Owens Corning
- Use cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties in accordance with all safety rules.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com .A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we'll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.