Eaton in South Bend, IN has an opening for a 3rd Shift Maintenance Technician.
The primary function of this positions is to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair plant equipment to enable high uptime. Work with other plant functions to implement safety, quality, efficiency and capital projects and improvements. Fully document all work performed using work orders and written shift-to-shift communication.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all equipment malfunctions, including hydraulic, solid state electrical, electrical circuitry, pneumatic, and mechanical
- Weld/fabricate fixtures, equipment repair, guarding, and plumbing
- Comprehend electric/electronic schematics, hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams, and mechanical blueprints to rebuild/repair equipment.
- Perform scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance on presses and other plant equipment
- Operate material handling equipment including forklifts, cranes, and hoists; Perform rigging as required
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot PLC and drive systems
- Train and develop fellow employees in minor and major equipment maintenance
- Maintain work area housekeeping and assist in department/team housekeeping efforts
- Train (OJT & Offsite) and continually updates skills to adapt to new machinery, technology and processes
- Complete requisitions to facilitate ordering of parts and maintenance supplies as used/needed
- Must display professional conduct and have good communication skills (written, oral, and interpersonal)
- Adhere to all plant safety requirements to insure compliance with OSHA regulations
- Participate as a leader on maintenance team for major repairs, as a team member in resolution of manufacturing problems, troubleshooting and productivity improvement analysis, as a task force member on activities such as peer selection, job evaluation, and equipment selection
- Working knowledge of Maximo CMMS (Computerized Maint. Management System) is a plus
- Experience with Allen Bradley and Eaton/Moeller/CodeSys PLC’s is desired
- Experience with AutoCAD a plus
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years Industrial electrical/mechanical experience OR Associates degree in Industrial/Electrical Maintenance, Automation OR a Journeyman card.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of South Bend, IN will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- AutoCAD experience
- Allen Bradley PLC experience
- 2 years of electrical/automation experience
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- Experience using a CMMS system is preferred.
- Ability to work all shifts. Bidding process conducted annually resulting in possible move to other shifts within the facility.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers.
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.