has an exciting opportunity within our Processing and Food Ingredients Division. We are looking for a Maintenance Technician
to do general maintenance throughout the plant. You must be self-motivated, has the desire to learn, and works well with others.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Maintain all plant equipment and facilities as needed and as efficiently and timely as possible.
- Repair and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment to ensure the most efficient operation of the facility.
- Work with outside contractors in a professional manner to complete jobs in a timely manner.
- Wear eye protection at all times, wear hearing protection where needed, wear a hard hat for head protection and follow all safety rules.
- Work with fellow team members in a professional manner and promote a self directed and empowered workforce.
- Learn to identify problems on equipment and continually monitor equipment while going to and from job sites, and initiate appropriate repair processes.
- Report all parts used to ensure appropriate inventory of parts and equipment.
- Maintain all tools issued and monitor them as their own.
- Complete annual classes as required on Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Be on rotating "on call duty.". Plant operates 24/7.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience troubleshooting equipment, identify and complete appropriate repairs, and implement measures to prevent reoccurring maintenance problems
- Working knowledge of the operations, control, and functions of equipment and machinery
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights up to 120ft
- Ability to stand, walk, and climb stairs continuously
- Ability to work in noisy, dusty, and all weather conditions
- Ability to be rotating on call duty. Plant operates 24/7.
- Ability to work extended hours as needed
- Experience in a food production facility
A little about us:
CHS is proud to offer veterans a place to grow their careers. Driven by the values of the farm families who own CHS, our employees focus on helping farmers raise healthy crops.