Owens Corning has an immediate opening for a Mechanic technician in its manufacturing facility located in Feura Bush, NY. The basic responsibilities are performing predictive and preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs on mechanical plant systems and equipment. Starting base pay is $29.47 per hour. Owens Corning offers a very competitive wage and benefits package in a union workplace that includes medical, dental, eye care, life and disability insurance programs, 401(k) plans, paid holidays and vacation time.
The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in the following areas:
- Hydraulic & pneumatic components of machinery and equipment, such as pumps, cylinders, valves and regulators.
- Able to reproduce parts utilizing hand tools, lathes, milling machines, benders, etc.
- Assemble machinery with required fastening systems and anchoring systems.
- Able to properly install piping systems related to hydraulic, pneumatic, water and other systems.
The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Able to repair and maintain equipment utilizing diagrams, sketches, manuals, PM task list for engines, motors, conveying systems, production equipment and electrical equipment
- Able to apply knowledge of mechanical training, shop mathematics, metal properties, blueprint reading and machining procedures
- Able to utilize and understand predictive maintenance processes consisting of; oil analysis, vibration analysis, laser level alignment and thermography
- Able to interact with business management system to manage maintenance work orders. Includes, opening /closing work orders, check parts inventory, review equipment failure & trend analysis, utilize checklists, write requisitions, perform audits, etc....
Qualified candidates for this position will possess a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of four years related industrial experience with verifiable training as a fully qualified technician. There are also entrance exams that must be passed to qualify for these positions. An unconditional commitment to maintaining the highest standards for safety, dependability, environmental compliance, and professional workmanship are conditions of employment. After orientation and training in our plant and processes, these positions may be part of shift rotation coverage and work a three days on and three days off schedule.
Additional information is available at www.owenscorningcareers.com .
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity Employer