The primary role of the General Maintenance II is to provide competent and effective mechanic maintenance support to warehouse system operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of operations, execute the maintenance program and comply with all safety codes is paramount. The GMII must identify, troubleshoot and repair problems in mechanical systems that occur in equipment and processes. He/she must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components and perform other tasks as necessary. He/she also performs preventive maintenance and upgrades to mechanical systems. The GM II is recognized as skilled and knowledgeable in mechanical systems and is sought out to support troubleshooting, development of process/system improvements, preventive and predictive maintenance development and contractor performance monitoring, when necessary, for new equipment or process systems. He/she is responsible for notifying management if a workplace becomes too hazardous because of some mechanical problem.
Shift Flexibility Required Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Meet all basic facility employment criteria, to include a good attendance record.
- 1-3 years' experience in production maintenance role or equivalent vocational and technical training.
- Must supply own tools per the Maintenance required tool list.
- Maintenance background, which includes hydraulics, controls, welding, electrical, PLC's, machine tools and pneumatics
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Able to read one-line diagrams, blueprints and schematics.
- Must be certified on the training plan for this position in accordance to the CBA.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work on multiple levels, such as catwalks, ladders, etc. and ability to work in extreme temperatures
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to visually identify defective parts
- Ability to hear machine operations sounds to detect defective parts, machine failures, and changes in speed and other routine running conditions
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to work efficiently under stressful situations
- Ability to work flexible shift schedules up to 12-hour shifts as determined by business need
- Ability to use a computer and associated software programs
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service and Cost objectives.
Education - High School diploma or GED equivalent required Leadership Behaviors:
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
A little about us:
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.