The primary role of the Maintenance Technician is to provide competent and effective maintenance support to plant operations. The ability to perform work safely, meet the needs of Operations, execute the maintenance program, and comply with all safety codes is paramount. The Technician must identify, troubleshoot, and repair problems (mechanical, electrical, etc.). The Maintenance Technician must be able to run tests, isolate problems, remove/replace failed components, determine failure modes by studying worn components, and perform other tasks, as required. Preventive maintenance and upgrades to mechanical and electrical systems is also required.
The Maintenance Technician is recognized as skilled and knowledgeable in mechanical and electrical systems, and will support troubleshooting, process/system improvement development, preventive/predictive maintenance development, and contractor performance monitoring, for new equipment or process systems. The technician is responsible for notifying management if a workplace becomes hazardous due to mechanical or electrical issues. Function Related Activities / Key responsibilities:
- Install, repair, and service machinery and equipment support systems
- Identify and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- Maintain production lines by performing predictive and preventive maintenance tasks
- Prior Welding experience (preferred)
- Mechanical and Electrical knowledge
- Lubrication and Fabrication knowledge
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic Knowledge
- PLC controls knowledge
- Safe and proper usage of hand and power tools
- Able to read diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
- Able to use test equipment (multimeter, etc.)
- Operate equipment through program controls
- Comply with all Safety Policies and Procedures
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
- Comply with all Coca-Cola Quality System Procedures
- Record inspection requirements and data on provided forms
- Operate and perform inspections on forklifts
- Fill in on any line, as required
- Understand, record, and communicate system problems and solutions
- Demonstrate good attendance
- Work extended hours, weekends and holidays, as required
- Able to move and lift material weighing up to 50 pounds to distances of 10 feet or more, floor to waist
- Able to push and pull force of 80lbs
- Able to squat, kneel, and bend over at the waist
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time in temperature extremes on a daily basis - up to 12 hours.
- Perform any other duties, as assigned, to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency, and quality of products, processes, and work environment
- Education - Associates or technical degree (preferred)
- Related Work Experience - 3+ years' experience in industrial manufacturing maintenance
- Prior diagnostic, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance experience
- Previous experience in a high-speed industrial work environment
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to follow manufacturer's specifications and direction
- Working knowledge of Programmable Logic Control (PLC)
- Required to supply own hand tools
- DRIVE INNOVATION: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
- COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
- ACT LIKE AN OWNER: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
- DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
The Coca-Cola Company is the world's largest beverage company, refreshing consumers with more than 500 sparkling and still brands and more than 3,800 beverage choices. Led by Coca-Cola, one of the world's most valuable and recognizable brands, our Company portfolio features 20 billion-dollar brands, many of which are available in reduced-, low- or no-calorie options. Our billion-dollar brands include Diet Coke, Coca-Cola Zero, Fanta, Sprite, vitaminwater and Powerade. Through the world's largest beverage distribution system, we are the No. 1 provider of both sparkling and still beverages. More than 1.9 billion servings of our beverages are enjoyed by consumers in more than 200 countries each day. With an enduring commitment to building sustainable communities, our Company is focused on initiatives that reduce our environmental footprint, create a safe, inclusive work environment for our associates, and enhance the economic development of the communities where we operate. For more information, visit Coca-Cola Journey at http://www.coca-colacompany.com/homepage Coca-Cola Beverages (Shanghai) Ltd. an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of The Coca-Cola Company, provides marketing and technical/quality services to The Coca-Cola Company in China.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.