Performs various electrical and mechanical duties on machines and equipment used in the production of tile.
**Essential Duties and Responsibilities** **: Other Duties as Assigned.**
• Maintains the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
• Observes and tests the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices.
• Analyzes test results, machine error messages, or information obtained from operators to diagnose equipment problems.
• Disassembles machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
• Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear.
• Repairs/replaces broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
• Reassemble equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs.
• Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts parts, equipment, or machinery.
• Operates newly repaired machinery or equipment to verify the adequacy of repairs.
• Repairs and rebuilds defective mechanical parts in electric motors, generators, and related equipment, using hand tools and power tools.
• Measures revolutions per minute (rpm), amperage, circuitry, and voltage of units or parts to diagnose problems via the use of ammeters, voltmeters, and other testing devices.
• Inspects electrical connections, wiring, relays, charging resistance boxes, and storage batteries, following wiring diagrams.
• Rewires electrical systems, and repairs or replaces electrical accessories.
• Solders, wraps, and coats wires to ensure proper insulation.
• Inspects and tests equipment to locate damage or worn parts and diagnose malfunctions, or read work orders or schematic drawings to determine required repairs.
• Records parts or materials used and orders or requisitions new parts or materials as necessary.
**Education & Skills** **:**
+ Minimum 2 year Associates Degree (Electrical or Mechanical) or equivalent experience.
+ 3 or more years industrial maintenance experience.
+ Good oral and written communications skills. Good record keeping skills. Good listening skills. Accurate measurement capability. Good math skills. Ability to understand and speak basic English. Must be able to become Dal-Tile certified to operate powered industrial trucks.
**Job ID** _2016-28695_
**FLSA Status** _NonExempt_
**Business Site** _US_ _-_ _TX_ _-_ _SUNNYVALE_
A little about us:
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is the world's largest flooring company, with operations in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We have a military to civilian job translator on our veteran career page. Check it out.