Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings has an opening for a Maintenance Mechanic. This position will provide world class customer service to our existing machines and operators. This position is in the Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) aerospace forged rings plant in Rochester, NY.
Arconic Fastening Systems & Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 8,000 people in 13 countries at 39 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic, Inc. (NYSE:AA)
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair services for production equipment and ancillary equipment throughout the shop. Including but not limited to; electrical control panels, plumbing, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical operating systems.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment when necessary as well as perform emergency repairs, while maintaining equipment's operational efficiency.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions using reasoning and decision-making skills to ensure quality work.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, take initiative, and works with a sense of urgency.
- Demonstrate learning agility and the ability to understand and interpret a variety of technical instructions including schematics and manufacturing drawings.
- Maximize production demands, and machine efficiencies using solid time and change management skills.
- Regularly communicate and work with a team where the purpose of contact is to provide and/or receive information, explanation, or interpretation of information.
- Utilize a variety of machines and hand tools for adjusting, fabricating, fitting, and checking production equipment for repair and/or replacement.
- Any other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Available to work position schedule 3:30 pm - 11:30 pm (Days vary).
- High School diploma, GED from an accredited institution, or Vocational School.
- Ability to read and interpret pneumatic, electro mechanical, and hydraulic schematics.
- A minimum of 1 year of welding experience.
- Forklift certified with OSHA standards.
- A minimum of 3 years of Heavy Industrial Maintenance Technician / Mechanic experience.
- Must be able to be medically cleared to wear a Respirator, as needed per tasks.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Must be able to lift and handle up to 35 pounds on a frequent basis
- Must be able to lift and handle up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to work for 7 to 9 hours per day without sitting
- Ability to read basic Programmable Logic Controller ladder logic.