The Maintenance Technician will maintain all systems and equipment at our air separation plant. The Technician will be responsible for performing regularly scheduled preventative maintenance checks on plant equipment and mechanical systems and maintaining inventory of parts and supplies. In this position the Technician will also repair and maintain liquid dewer cylinders, compressors, recharge pumps and maintain the ASU. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Comply with all Company and industry safety policies and procedures.
- Service, inspect, use, and maintain all systems and equipment in clean good working condition and in accordance with manufacturer's recommended procedures.
- Identify and communicate service problems to manager for timely repair response.
- Maintain inventory of parts and required to perform service, inspection and maintain of all equipment associated with the basic function of this position.
- Analyzers, instrumentation and related calibration files
- Computerized maintenance program
- Planning and executing maintenance during plant outages.
- Contractor relationships
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate proficient skills; upgrades knowledge and skills on an on-going basis.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Must attend company safety meetings.
- Ensure proper and full time use of PPE.
- Ensure any accident or injury is reported promptly to manager.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- General office/facility housekeeping
This position has no supervisory responsibility. EDUCATION, KNOW-HOW AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- College or technical degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of diagnostic and/or repair experience in some or all of the following is required: cryogenics, brazing, programmable controls, and process instrumentation.
- Prior experience working with bulk gas delivery systems, pumps or mechanical machinery.
- General familiarity with Hawaii regulations governing the licensing of Electrical and Plumbing work and the prohibitions on performing plumbing and electrical work without a license. Experience in the HVAC industry with hands on welding/brazing skills preferred.
- Able to understand piping and tank detail from manuals and a mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of applicable standards for good manufacturing practice set forth by the CGA, NFPA, CMA and other professional/regulatory bodies.
- Must have a valid Hawaii driver's license and clean DMV report.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures or governmental regulations (MSDS).
- Must have strong math skills; ability to calculate figures and units of measure.
- Must be customer service oriented and able to interact with both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Skills to prioritize integrated service activities to maximize time spent working on equipment at customer locations.
- Takes initiative to problem solve and troubleshoot with results.
- Secures the necessary documentation and approvals of work performed (installations and/or removals)
- Ability to routinely lift 25-50 lbs and occasionally lift 51-80 lbs with material handling equipment.
- Ability to work safely under pressure to meet deadlines,
- Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Detailed-oriented with good organizational skills.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime to meet operational deadlines
- No relocation assistance offered.
- Pre-employment and random drug testing and background screen applies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The USES category for this position is Medium. While performing the duties of this job the associate is regularly required to stand (up to 2 hours), kneel, squat, bend, stoop, reach, push, pull, as well as talk and hear. The associate will be required to routinely lift 25-50 lbs and occasionally lift 51-80 lbs with material handling equipment for more than 10 feet. Associate is required by this position to use hands to fingers to feel objects, work tools or controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The associate will spend the majority of the time in the customer facility and on route to the customer facility. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.Qualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability