Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Description: Essential Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturers' specifications or supervisor's instructions, using hand and power tools, precision measuring, or testing devices; responsible for complete maintenance in areas of assignment.
- Assesses, monitors, and adjusts HVAC pneumatic and electronic controls to ensure the proper operation of HVAC equipment and maintain appropriate space conditions as required.
- Observes and adjusts a wide variety of mechanical machines and devices to assure proper operation. This equipment includes pumps, motors, air handling units, refrigeration and air compressors, and laboratory equipment.
- Dismantles machines and devices for servicing, repair, or replacement of parts.
- Adjusts devices, instruments, belts, etc.
- Lubricates and cleans pumps, motors, fans, machinery, equipment, and operating hardware.
- Replaces gaskets and seals on water coolers and other equipment.
- Regulates steam or hot water equipment in mechanical rooms, offices, laboratories, residence areas, etc.; adjusts valves, thermostats, and dampers.
- Assists as required and/or directed with snow plowing, snow and ice removal, and lawn and shrubbery care around the location facilities.
- Assists other mechanics when directed.
- Maintains time and material records.
- Performs minor inspectional duties where directed.
- Performs repair, replacement, or installation operations as required by work order in general maintenance and mechanical trades including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical
- Must be able to perform duties requiring overhead work and use of ladder, both inside and outside.
- Possesses general operating knowledge of mechanical equipment, boilers and air conditioning systems and is capable of making minor repairs and adjustments.
- Reports unsafe conditions or building or equipment damage to supervisors.
- Performs other related and unrelated duties.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Five years experience as a general or trades maintenance mechanic
- Graduation from a recognized trade school and two years acceptable experience
*May be required to work evening or night shift according to the needs of the location.*
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.